Chapter 32

Trina McMillan

"Ha! I honestly thought it would be Jonathan to pull some shit like that at his party but for it to be his father... that really takes the cake." I vent on the phone to Yura.

I had left the party after Jonathan's dad threatened me over something, I have no idea about.

"Anything that his son has coming to him is something that he's brought on his own. And News flash you old bitch. It's called karma!" I continue venting.

"Yeah girl." Yura starts. "But I genuinely don't believe Wyles has anything to do with the incident at your old place." She defends him which shocked me.

"What?" I ask.

"Hear me out. I actually overheard him on the phone with Mark. And Mark was grilling his shit, as always, asking if he had anything to do with it, which he said no." She says.

"And you just believe that? He probably lies to Mark." I say not believing anything good about Jonathan.

"Mark is maybe the only person who can call Jonathan out on his bullshit and get away with it." She says which is true.

"True..." I admit. "Well if you don't think he did it then ok, and it is kinda weird how his dad threatened me saying 'don't pull them into my drama'" I add.

"Yeah that's weird.... I'm still sorry you had to go through that. Like you aren't already dealing with a lot." She says pausing.
"Hey, do you know if Ross has heard anything from Mack?" She asks in a concerned manner.

"I'm not sure love but I can find out if you want."

"N-no it's ok... I just haven't heard from him in a few days he normally calls me at the end of the night but I haven't gotten a call at all." She says in a sullen manner.

"Not even a text?" I probe.

"That's what frightens me... he told me he had to do some business but that was all." She sounds sad.

"Um actually now that I think about it the only business he should have been doing was meeting a j&co. partner in L.A." I remember. "That was a little over a week ago." I say. "No business takes that long... especially without Ross."

"Oh, I maybe said too much. It's ok Trina." She jumps in cutting off my thoughts.

"No I am going to ask Ro-." I start again but she cuts me off again.

"You know my contract with Wyles ends in a few weeks." She surprises me. "And I know the C.O.O position is taken but maybe a spot under Mack might be good for me. I am ready to leave." She says to me.

That completely sidetracked me. But I'm not going to forget to ask R.J.

"You want to come to J&co?" I asked excitedly. "I'll talk to Ross about that as well."

"Ok Trina. And don't say anything about Mack to Ross... I might have said too much and if they didn't tell you then there's a reason." She says once again shocking me.

"And if you, as my best friend, is keeping a secret from me, then there is a problem. What is it you're not telling me." I pull my knees to my chest.