Chapter 17

Trina McMillan P.O.V

"Great like I don't already have enough to worry about, now I got a fucking stalker." I speak my frustrations out to Yura over the phone.

"That's literally crazy af. Do you have any idea of who it might be Trin?" She asks

"One word, three syllables. Jonathan." I state.

"I don't think he'd stoop that low... would he?" She questions herself.
"Trina, you wanna sign up for self defense classes? You, me and Jhene can go."

"I might need to, and maybe buy a gun. I can hear my dad now." I pinch my temples as I notice one of my curtains have a crack to see through.

Oh hell no.

I instantly get up and fix it.

"Literally this sucks. I took the pictures to the police they said there's nothing they can do... I've been holed in my house after I left work and went to the police department." I vent some more.

"I came home closed every curtain in my house and called my security agency about installing inside and outside cameras."

"I'm not scared, I'm just put off... who would stalk me??? And why??"

"Well Trina stalkers are screwed up they stalk people for many reasons, because you're pretty and they love it, because you're too pretty and they hate it, unrequited love, one sided scorn, obsession, or orders." She gives examples.
"The first thing you need to do is get a weapon to protect yourself, stay alert and maybe tell your parents."

"I'm not telling my parents. My dad would book himself a plane ticket, to take me back where they are. I'm happy here."

"Self defense classes and gun license it is then." She sighs.

"Alright girl, I'm going to bed..." I tell her.

"Night, be safe. Call me if anything happens." Yura adds.

"Kay." And I end the call.

I start the group chat with Jhene and my four managers: Garret, Emma, Rick, and Joseph.

Text message:
Me: see you guys tomorrow ❤️❤️🤪🙏🏾🤞🏾
Emma: thank you so much Ms. Trina!! See you!

Garret: 💪🏻
Joseph: see ya tomorrow 😁
Rick: 👍

Then Jhene calls.

"Girl!! Are you serious!?!" She says

"Yes! You're gonna be the financial team secretary!" I smile. "It's great money, and you can be home with your son at nights and all of that!"

"Even after we just met?" She sounds like she's about to cry.

"We might have just met but it feels like I've known you forever Né." I smile as tears form in my eyes as she weeps happily.

Then we catch up and I tell her about my stalker then I'm off to bed for the morning.

———————————————————