Chapter 39

Ross P.O.V
"Who's car was it?" I ask Mack as I pace back and forth in his kitchen.

He looks up at me in a concerned manner.
"My man, sit down please. Have a drink." He slides me a glass cup.

"Nah I don't want it right now." I protest now tapping my foot at him.

He then glances up at me making a face before turning his laptop around.
"The owner of the car is your average Joe. Works a 9 to 5 at a car dealership. His name is Trenton." He uses the stylus to scroll up slowly.

I sit down, downing the glass of alcohol. "I'm just stressed lately. Between phone bombs, Trina's break in, and now tonight. I-I'm just not trying to lose Anais or Trina."

"You're not man, you're not. As long as I can help it." Mack pats me on the back.

"Is everything alright out here?" To my surprised, Yura dressed in Mack's shirt comes out of his room sitting down at the table with us.

I sit up looking back and forth at them.

I clear my voice. "My bad man."

"It's cool. It was just 'movie night.' That's all." Mack smiles while squeezing Yura's thigh.

She smiles back at him.
"So what happened? I literally just got off of the phone with Trina." She asks.

"Dumb drivers. But to be fair it did seem really weird how it happened." Mack sums it up.

"So what do we have on this faction, boss, executives, wife, husband, location do we have anything?" I question Mack.

"On my last outing where I went by myself. I got information that the faction is located outside of San Antonio." He informs me

"So they're close... and want to start a war.... We're one of the biggest faction second to the Korean mob." I say.
"It just doesn't make sense, why wake a sleeping giant? When you can quietly rule the smaller things around it?"

"So word has it..." Yura chimes in leaning forward and lowering her voice. "Word has it, that Jonathan spoke to a leader or a woman or something on the phone. She called and told him that her guys killed his scouts that were looking for something."

"Babe, why didn't you tell me!?" Mack runs his fingers through his hair clearly frustrated after hearing the news.

"I'm sorry, it was more of a word of mouth, I didn't hear it myself. But I heard Mark say something about it to Jonathan's cousin, Aaron, who is taking my place." She speaks quickly.

"It's okay.." he says pinching his nose.

"Well we know the leader or executive is a woman, Rory confirmed it when he got arrested and Jonathan supposedly received a phone call from her." I say "But when I received my phone bomb it was Frank threatening me."

"Yeah! And rumor also has it that his dad is now involved... anytime Aaron gets involved it's because Jonathan's dad is interested or concerned. Aaron is like his lap puppy." Yura gives more intel.

"Maybe Frank works for her." Mack says then looks at Yura. "Noted.."
"They actually are trying to start something."

"Okay so let's say this is true, let's say the exec. Is a woman, again this doesn't make sense as to why she would want to start war with a faction that's been dormant for decades." I say.

"Many reasons man, but the main reason gonna always be for power." Mack says " But I'll get to the bottom of it. You know any time we've had small tasks I always handled it." He brags.

"Don't go alone." Yura says worried as she grabs his arm. "Take men with you, I can always call my brothers.. they are in a smaller faction in the Korean mob but they have a lot of pull."

"I will take my own men, so no, no need to get another group involved in something that's probably really small." He answers. "Then we will have to owe them."

I just randomly chuckle at the conversation and they just look at me astounded.

"What." They ask.

"It's true what they say about this life. Once you're in, there's no getting out but death. So what about us who are born in it, or pulled into it due to family choices." I just question the madness of the situation.

"Don't overthink it man, this is our life, always and forever, you're the leader, and you have to stay strong." Mack states the facts.

"I just don't want it no more, I don't want it for Anais, and I don't want to pull Trina into it." I just sigh.

"Trina is in it too. Whether you want her to be or not. There's no doubt that her stalker isn't apart of the other faction." Mack says.

I just sit back in my seat, deeply sighing before downing my second cup of alcohol.

"You know I thought you were gonna be another Wyles case, but I can tell you actually care for her. You don't want to possess her as an object or trophy." Yura tells me.

"Ha, I could've told you that Yura. He's been manifesting Trina for years now." He starts to drink his beer so I lean and push him. "Shit man, I was just joking." He laughs as he gulps the beer.

"Listen, just go home, hug up on my little niece and call Trina up and talk all night on the phone. Fall deep in love my guy, and leave this to me." He reassures me "If I need your help I know you'll come for me."

"You know it." I chuckle while breathing deep.

"In the meantime, let Yura take my spot. And I'll just take my extended vacation to do some out of office work." He tells me.

"Oh, you're gonna get onto it now?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, I'm ready to get back to my life of laziness and loving." He says while softly brushing Yura's chin. " and I can't do that if you're constantly being bothered by a common denominator." "And to be honest I hate math so I'd rather just subtract a bunch of digits so we can be number one again quickly and quietly."

"And I got an entire team ready to go whenever." He adds.

"Alright..." I nod slowly looking back and forth from him and Yura. "Leave out first thing tomorrow." I say to him. "And I'll see you tomorrow morning Mrs. Li." I say getting up and grabbing my coat.

"Night man!" Mack says before grabbing Yura up.

"Yeah, night man." I say throwing my hand up as I walk out the door.

If I had known...I wouldn't have ever sent him out.

——————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:🥹
Mack: Just tell me now, are you gonna kill me off?
A/N: 😬🧐🤔
Mack: At least let me have my sex scene!!!!
A/N: Go home Roger! 😑

😅😅 If you liked this-
Mack: (struggles into the picture) j-ust let mee ha-ve my scene!!!
A/N: (Smacks Mack into outer space) IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER DON'T FORGET TO ⭐️💬🗣️
-😤😤chuu 💋