𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 : 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕃𝕀𝕋𝕋𝕃𝔼 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

“ 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊 𝒊𝒔 𝑲𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎𝒂 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊

“ 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊 𝒊𝒔 𝑲𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎𝒂 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒆.”

.

𝟏

“ Nii-chan ! Nii-chan ! Take Kotei along ! Kotei wants to watch ! Nii-chan !” The little five year old jumped about, trying to get her brother's attention.

Kageyama paid absolutely no mind to the energetic child and continued buttoning up his shirt, his face stoic as usual.

“ Nii-chan ! Take Kotei !” The child circled him, her excitement reaching peaks, in the dining room as the older boy finished his breakfast in silence, once again ignoring his sister's existence.

“ Nii-chan !” The kid shouted in frustration as Kageyama tied his shoelaces and got up. Ignoring her, yet  again, he opened the main door, got out and closed it behind him, walking off to school.

The girl just stared at the closed door with a look of incredulity. Well, it's nothing new for her. It was just the beginning of her summer holidays and even during the vacation Kageyama had practice, literally the whole day. So she had only one wish— to watch her brother play. But it seems it'll never come true.

She ran towards the other room.“Miwa-nee ! Kotei wanna watch nii-chan play ! Take me to nii-chan--”

“ Sorry, sweetie, but I have to go. I'll take you there some other time, I promise,” Miwa, the oldest sister reasoned, in a hurry fixing her makeup.“ I'm gonna bag this job for sure ! Wish me luck, Ko-chan !”

“ Good...luck ?” Kotei’s smiled dropped as she stopped jumping.

“ Oh wait !” Miwa ceased all her hasty movements as a sudden realisation struck her. Her eyes landed on Kotei who was still looking down, all sad.“Shit !”

She shook the kid by her shoulder and yelled,“ who's gonna look after you ?”

“ Hm ?”

“ I cannot leave you here all alone.” Miwa pondered the worst possibilities. She's always been overprotective of Kotei, being the youngest of them. No way is she staying home all alone in this silent neighborhood. What if someone kidnaps her ? She's exaggerating.“ No, you're not staying alone. I..I have to do something. Should I cancel my job interview ? Wait how can I cancel my interview ? It'd be my loss ! Besides...no...Kotei is priority..yes she is...Kotei comes first--shit ! Shit ! Shit ! Shit—”

“ Miwa-nee ?” Kotei pulled at her long skirt as Miwa looked at her in anticipation. “ Please don't do that. Kotei says Kotei can look after her self !”

“ Where's your brother?”

“ Nii-chan went off, first.”

What the hell! That jerk, Tobio ! He was supposed to look after her, today! Everybody is playing their own part. He should do that too as a big brother.