𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 : 𝕊𝕀ℂ𝕂

“ 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊, 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒃 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝑯𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒂 ?”

.

𝟏

It was almost evening, the sun gradually setting at the horizon. The entire academy was quiet and still except for the occasional squeaking of shoes and hitting of balls that resounded within gym 1 and 2.

A small little girl was humming to herself as she played on the silent grounds, by herself, all alone. She had acquired a long stick from somewhere and was drawing with it on the dusty grounds. There was nothing specific in mind and so she tried to draw herself.

She was stealing frequent glances from the gym waiting for someone to come out. But eventually realised no one was coming just yet. The practice will probably go on till late and she has to wait for a few hours more.
Bringing her attention back to the drawing, she focused on it. Finally done with her masterpiece she threw the stick and skipped towards the bench to sit down for a while. She was feeling tired all of a sudden and found herself out of breath. Taking a deep breath she stared up at the sky.
It was beautiful but immensely boring. Now that she thought about it, staying back home might have been a better choice. Atleast she could watch some TV.

Sighing, she kicked her feet and looked down at her creation on the dirt.

It looked so dull and boring.

Nothing cheered her up. All she wanted to do is to have some sleep and then Miwa would take her away tomorrow. It seemed she has to break the promise she had made with Kenma and Kuroo, today.

Without her knowledge, time flowed as smoothly as it could and slowly it was dark. Finally, the squeaking and hitting stopped and a whistle pierced through the silent night.

As soon as practice was over Yachi handed the team all their necessaries and rushed outside to check up on Kotei.

The sight that greeted her didn't fit right, at all.

The next Kageyama saw his sister was when Yachi entered the gym, holding Kotei in her arms who had buried her head in her blonde hair. So, the boy could only see her back. Yachi met him with a nervous look.

“ Did she fall asleep ? Just keep—why do you look so pale ?” Kageyama put down his towel before approaching the girl.

“ Actually...Kotei...”

𝟐

K

otei was down with fever.

Some said it might be because of the change in weather. But Yachi thought none of that was the cause. There's a thing called psychogenic fever where the fever is caused by psychological factors instead of virus. It's just her guess...but seems like that's exactly the case.