𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 : 𝕊𝕀𝕄ℙ𝕃𝔼 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔻𝕊

“ 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡 ! 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡 !”

(A/N. A little something at the end of the chapter...yes, it's a shitty surprise !)

𝟏

“ Shit.”

Kageyama cursed under his breath as he examined the laces of his shoes. While trying to tie them properly he accidentally applied more force than usual and it resulted in him pulling it out altogether.

Hinata’s first text ‘you are late’ in the morning threw the setter off-guard who was still half asleep. One can imagine the shock he got when he realised he overslept on the day of departure for the Nationals. But how did that happen when he set his alarm clock to one hour before the allotted time ?

“ Don't mind, brother. It happens,” Kotei laughed gleefully only to get a smack across her head.

“ Shut up !” That's right. Kageyama Kotei, aka the mischief maker decided it would be a good idea to play with his alarm clock the night before. It was not intentional but Kageyama doesn't think the same.

“ This is just for this one time. So I'll help you,” Miwa stated, putting down her coffee mug on the rack beside them and bent down to tie his laces properly. Kageyama muttered a small ‘thanks’ before rushing out of the house.

“ Bye, bye nii-chan ! Don't miss Kotei too much,” Kotei yelled from behind.

“ Please don't forget your sisters,” Miwa sniffled, blowing into a handkerchief before waving it in the air.

“ I'm not dying, you guys,” Kageyama grumbled angrily. He turned on his heels to speedwalk towards his destination.

“ Nii-chan ! Kotei will miss you !” He heard Kotei cry behind him and he gritted his teeth annoyed at their antics.

“ Ko-chan, don't worry. Your brother's a great warrior. I know he'll win,” Miwa said loudly grinning and nodding at her own statement.“ I guess that's enough roleplay for today. Gotta go to work,” she switched to her poker face before nonchalantly walking away.

Today was a parents-teachers meet at Kotei's school. Due to Miwa's inability to attend it she had tried to negotiate with Midori beforehand. But the schedule was tight and rigid. Eventually, they agreed on her delay and Miwa adjusted with her boss only to get a one hour lecture from him. But knowing where she was coming from, the girl was let off the hook

“ I'll be there by eleven. I know it's hard but please hang in there till then. Once again, sorry.” Miwa straightened her uniform before adjusting her cap. Wrapping the jacket tighter around her, Kotei gave the older a reassuring smile.