𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 : 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝔸𝕋𝕊

“ 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊'𝒔 𝒏𝒂𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃

“ 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊'𝒔 𝒏𝒂𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃.”

.

𝟏

“ It's a pleasure to meet you again.”

“ The pleasure’s all mine.”

Scary. Hinata trembled at the exchange between Daichi and Nekoma’s captain, Kuroo Tetsurō.

Nekoma had reached out to Karasuno for a friendly practice match. It's their second time in a row. Although they've met quite a many times in Tokyo before, their greetings remained the same, formal and tidy.

“ Uh, Yaku-san, why is that kid staring at me like that ?” Lev whispered to his teammate, motioning towards the small girl, her eyes trained on his tall, lanky figure.

Yaku peeked from behind him to take a look. The presence of a child was unlikely yet he observed her features which weirdly reflected a certain short-tempered Karasuno setter.

“ Maybe because you look extra stupid today.”

“ Suga, why is that guy so tall ?” She asked loudly, tugging at the older’s trousers, directly pointing at the Russian male.

“ Who knows. Tch.” A distasteful look mixed with a hint of irritation, crossed his features as Suga narrowed his eyes at him.“ Why don't you ask him yourself.”

“ Yaku-san ! Did you see that ? He just tch-ed me ! The nerve !” Lev again whispered back to Yaku with clear protest.

Kotei, feeling the silver haired teen’s hostility, copied him to strut forward and on reaching Lev, reflected his annoyance as she asked,“ oi ! Why you so tall ? Tch.”

Seriously, what did I do wrong? Lev asked, a single drop of tear rolling down his cheek.

“ She's so funny.” Yaku laughed crouching before the girl who looked up at him, confused.

Is it weird that I don't find this funny at all ? Lev asked himself.

“ What's your name, kid ?”

“ Kageyama Kotei,” she pondered upon her age when her brother’s last punch and pain resurfaced,“ Kotei's five !”

“ Yaku Morisuke. Nice to meet you, Kageyama,” he smiled, gently shaking her hand and inwardly gushing at how small her fingers were.

“ Let's start the match !”

“ Kotei ! Over here !” Yachi called the little girl over who, sparing them a last look of interest, rushed to take her side.

In the absence of Coach Nekomata, the teams began the first game with little event. The first few minutes, Kotei looked pretty invested but lost interest near the end, when the crows perched on the rooftop, outside the gym became a more attractive scene to look at.