𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒 : 𝔾ℝ𝔸𝔻𝕌𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ

“ 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒚𝒄𝒍𝒆 ? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 ?”

.

𝟏

Kotei whined as she rolled over on the floor before reaching her brother who was sitting on the other side to kick him lightly. Kageyama stared at his phone with an incomprehensible look in his eyes, resting his face against his palm. Glancing at Kotei's lax figure, he asked,“ what's wrong ?”

Kotei whined again and rolled over to lay on her side. Gazing outside she saw a beautiful sunny day with a clear blue sky. She could feel the approaching summer lurking in the corner and couldn't wait for the holidays. But Sundays were always boring for her. While her friends always spent it outside with families, it was not the same for her. Her brother insisted upon getting extra practice time and her big sister wanted to do nothing but sleep in.“This is so boringgg~”

He didn't pay her much attention and went back to watching the game on his phone.

“ Oi ! Kageyama !”

The boy looked up. The voice felt awfully familiar and resounded just outside their house. What is he doing here ? He recognised the person when he called for the second time. Kotei didn't waste a minute rushing to the door.“ It's sensei !”

She jumped and turned the door knob to be met with Nishinoya, dressed in a red shirt and half pants, a big summer hat sitting atop his head, a pair of (funny) sunglasses, holding a red bucket and a fishing rod along with a net and a big bag slung round his shoulder.“ Kouhai, wanna go fishing with sensei ?”

“ Fishies ! Oh, yes ! Le’z go !”

“ Wait.” Kageyama held her back and forced a large straw hat upon her head.

“ Nii-chan, wanna come with sensei and Kotei?”

“ No, no, it's just us. Kageyama is not allowed,” Nishinoya said urging her to follow him but not before smirking at the confused brother.“ Payback for when you called me short. Come on, Kotei.”

“ Yes !”

Kageyama stood at his door, baffled. Did he do something wrong ? Besides, a short guy should be called short ? It's not like he's lying. Shrugging, he trudged back inside his house and made a mental note not to call his senior short again.

“ It's a bit away from here. So we'll go by my bike.” Nishinoya pointed at his cycle that rested against the cement wall.

“ Kotei will bring Clara-chan !”

“ It's a rocky path ahead. So no space for Clara-chan for today, okay ?” He said, apologetically, as he put his gears in the basket.“ Can you do me a favour and hold this ?”