𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑 : ℍ𝕆𝕄𝔼 𝕊𝕎𝔼𝔼𝕋 ℍ𝕆𝕄𝔼

“ 𝑪’𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒅

“ 𝑪’𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒅. 𝑵𝒊𝒊-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔.”

.

𝟏

Kotei woke up to be greeted by a white ceiling.

She rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up on the bed. The room was too bright for her eyes from the sunlight hitting her face and she shut them back to collapse onto the soft covers with a ‘thud’. Burying her face into the white covers she heard a small rustling of sheets.

Yawning, she fidgeted around till a hand hit her tiny palms. She gazed, perking up at the familiar touch and smiled when a very familiar face greeted her back.

“ How are you, Kotei ?”

“ Hm..fine.” She thought for a moment before looking up at him. His face looked very pale and his form seemed weak. But of course being a child she didn't understand the situation. What she noticed was that his smile was off and it appeared he was straining it.
Feeling the stare, the older chuckled.“I'm fine too if you're wondering.”

“ Mhmkay !” She cheered and her fingers ran under the cover to take out the small toy car her sister had bought her on her last birthday. She began playing with it.

The older man sighed leaning back onto the bed. His body felt really weak and it took him every ounce of his strength to even smile properly. He didn't like the feeling of the room, the hospital gown and the nauseous smell. But watching his granddaughter’s smile made his day.

Kazuyo raised his hand with every strength left in his body to rest it upon three-year-old Kotei's head who nuzzled back into his palm. He was glad she stayed back with him. Tobio and Miwa both had their classes so he didn't get to be in their reassuring company.

“ Jiji ! Look !” Kotei raised up the car and made it move along the thin railing of the bed.“ Kotei car goes vroom vroom !”

“ It does, it does.”

She played around with it, moving up and down his bed. Kazuyo tried to hold her in one place.“ Kotei-chan, here, sit beside me.” He tried to call her. Kotei gave him a look before crawling back towards him and laying by his side.“ I said sit not sleep.”

“ Jiji !” Kotei took his right hand and forced it upon her head. She pushed it motioning him to move it and he chuckled lightly patting her.

There were footsteps heard outside the door and in came Kageyama Tobio, pushing open the partition, sweating profusely, a volleyball still tightly clutched in his hands. His practice had just finished and it was too hot outside. He had got a call from the hospital that his grandfather’s state had worsened so he immediately hurried his way back to the centre.