𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏 : 𝔹ℝ𝔸𝕋

“ 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕, 𝑲𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒊 !”

.

𝟏

“ I'll be back soon.”

Kinoshita pocketed his phone before continuing down the path. Now that the Nationals were over and done with, everyone returned to their daily routine as did he. Everybody was happy with the fact that they could play together with the third years.
Talking about the third years, the graduation ceremony was drawing near. I wonder what they're gonna be doing next ?

His heavy footsteps resounded on the paved pathway till they came to a stop. His gaze landed on the narrow muddy tracks that led further down the woods nearby, away from the neighborhood. While young, they often used to visit the thickets to play. Remembering the summer evenings he used to spent catching bugs and climbing trees, he proceeded to step into it.

Taking out his phone he snapped a few shots. It's been ages since he last visited here. The woods, in general, was not as dense as before. Might be because many trees have been chopped off. Walking a distance, you could feel the ground gradually tilting up, a shallow gradient. It raised to a low hill and at the top a tall tree marked the checkpoint.

Reaching there, he gazed over the houses below him. The Karasuno High school was noticable from up there. He smiled when he got a clear view of his friends’ houses. A sharp wind rustled past the few leaves on the floor. The trees and bushes all around him seemed to be whispering among themselves in hushed voices and he decided he shouldn't invade their privacy.

Turning on his heels, he proceeded to walk away when a soft voice called him from afar.

“ 'sashi-chan !”

Only one person called him by that name. But where is she ? He looked around and hesitantly asked,“ where are you ?” When no reply came, he grew tense. Don't tell me it was a ghost ?

“ 'sashi-chan ! Up here !”

His gaze travelled up the towering tree behind him and paused on a branch midway. There, the small child, radiant as ever with her hair in a mess due to the small twigs and dirt, smiled down at him, waving gleefully.
He felt his heart leap out of his chest.“K-kotei ! How did you get up there ! It's too high !”

“ Kotei doesn't know !” She yelled back, pushing her weight up and sitting on the branch and he made a motion to catch her as the delicate outgrowth shook on her movement.“Kotei climbed up ! But Kotei can’t get down ! Help Kotei, 'sashi-chan !”

Although she said she needed help, it looked quiet fun up there. She didn't look scared at all. Instead, he noticed her patting a furball of ginger, cradled in her lap. Is that a cat ?