𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 : 𝔹𝕀ℝ𝕋ℍ𝔻𝔸𝕐

“ 𝑩𝒊𝒈 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 !”

.

𝟏

This is it.

Today's Kotei's birthday.

Without the child knowing that the Karasuno team has been planning a surprise birthday party for her, she played with her friend, Mio. Later in the evening her brother, Shiota, would drop them off at school.

4:15 pm

“ Okay, let's practice that synchronised attack once more,” Ukai said and the boys immediately took their positions. They had early morning practice that day (lucky) and the hours were supposedly over. So, they were improving on their individual tactics together.

The gym doors slid open and in came a tangerine haired girl, a paper bag in her hand.

“ I think Tanaka is a bit fast on there.”

“ Let's try to match our timing better.......”

“ Sorry, my bad.”

Natsu looked around the room and grumbled inwardly. Why are they practicing on such an important day ? Well, volleyball is their life so it's understandable.

“ Okay, let's finish up here for today. Tomorrow will be a day off and the day after tomorrow—”

“ Training camp ! Yay !” Hinata interrupted Coach Ukai who once again expressed concern regarding his declining authority.

“ Yeah, that. Do take a proper rest because I can't guarantee it during the training camp. That's all,” Ukai stood up and proceeded to exit the gym when a little girl blocked her way.“What's this ?”

“ Oh ! Natsu is here !” Shoyo happily waved her over. But the girl was busy eyeing the Coach with an intense look.

“ You can't go. Today's Kotei's birthday. Everyone has to be here !”

“ What ? I have a shop to look after, missy.”

“ This Missy is not going to let you leave until everything's over.”

Ukai glared back at the team, specifically at Hinata, who pouted.“Ukai-san, just stay back for a few minutes. Kotei will be really happy if everyone is here.”

“ She doesn't even talk to me. I doubt she even remembers me. So my presence here doesn't make a difference ,” Ukai said lazily, shoving his hands into his pockets.

“ That's not true.”

“ How can you say that so confidently ?”

“ I j-just can !”