𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔 : 𝕊𝕋ℝ𝕆ℕ𝔾 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔻𝕊

[ Caution : Long chapter ahead :) ]

“  𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 ! 𝑩𝒖𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔—”

.

𝟏

It was a bright Thursday and Kageyama looked forward to a good day ahead yet he knew better than anyone not to get his hopes up, high. And he was proven right, the next second, when Kotei appeared at their practice with a box of crayons and sketchpad.

“ Nii-chan, wanna see something cool ?”

“ What did you do ?” Kageyama asked cautiously approaching her. In response she gave an unsettling grin and he couldn't help but anticipate the next show of horror.

She led him outside and Hinata followed out of curiosity. Stopping near the end of the corner, she showcased her masterpiece.“ Here~”

“ KOTEI ! WHA—”

He faltered in his words as he gazed, speechless, at Kotei's scribbling on the yellow wall of the gym, with red crayons. Kotei puffed out her chest thinking her brother might be too proud to form words.

“ Woah ! That's pretty good, Kotei,” Hinata complimented her, patting her on her head as she smirked in an overbearing manner.

“ Dumbass ! Don't encourage her !”

“ Ahem !”

Both of them froze at the familiar throat clearance. It was too well known to be overlooked. Turning ever so slowly, they came face to face with their Vice Principal, a bucket filled with water to the brim in one hand and a rag in the other, “ I think I don't need to explain....,” and very liberally handed the taller of the two both the things.

“ Y-yes.” He cursed under his breath.

It was almost evening and the school was basically empty, so he didn't think the Vice Principal would around. He blamed Kotei for everything, that little runt....he will surely complain to Miwa once he gets back.

The head teacher walked away shooting a look at the child who hid behind Kageyama's leg.

“ Look what you've done !” Kageyama smacked her head without a word.

“ Wah ! But isn't it good ?” She pointed at her art.

“ Don't listen to this jerk. You're a real good artist !” Hinata said to cheer her up.

“ Is it now ? I had a really great idea just now. If you think it's that good, then why don't you take the responsibility on her behalf, hah !” He yelled almost disabling their eardrums. Keeping the bucket with a thud, he threw the rag in the bucket.“Clean up your own mess. I'm out of here,” and strutted out of the scene with intensity.