𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 : ℕ𝔼𝕎 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ

“ 𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 !”

.

𝟏

“ Kotei. Wake up.” Kageyama shook her sleeping sister by the shoulder as she turned and twisted in her sleep. It's generally the other way round. He realised his efforts went in vain when Kotei drowsily pushed his hand away, letting out a grunt of annoyance.“Wake up, dumbass, before I spike you to the moon.”

“ Yay ! Kotei will meet Kei !” Kotei cheered shooting up on her bed and preparing herself to be spiked.“ Come on, nii-chan ! Nice serve !”

“ I was lying,” he stated, bluntly.

“ No way ! Spike Kotei to Tsukki !” She said twisting herself into a ball.“Kotei's ready !”

“ Don't waste my time. I woke you up just for the sake of Mio. So get changed and get your ass out of the house. She's already there.”

It was New year’s and everyone in her friends’ circle promised to meet up on the field near the small canal to view the early sunrise together. Mio was up early waiting by their front gate.

Kageyama was gonna take them there on his way to his jog which, by the way, was three laps of the entire neighborhood.

As Kotei got ready, she rushed down the stairs to meet Miwa in the living room. She had been arranging the new year cards and called the enthusiastic girl.

“ Ko-chan, you're a big girl now. Right ? So will you mail these for me ?” She handed her a single card. The rest, she handed her in a bunch.“And these are for your friends. Be sure to greet them first.”

“ Woah ! Kotei's a big girl !” She posed proudly in front of the older who clapped her hands, gleefully.

“ You shouldn't encourage her weird tactics. Look at how notorious she has become around here,” Tobio said from behind them with a concerned look.

In response, he was met with two angry, puffed out face and he shrugged, nonchalantly.

It's a tradition in their family to leave some things in the dark. And hence Kotei never got to know who was that single new year card for. Nevertheless, she didn't pry further realising Miwa would have told her if it was something she didn't want to keep a secret. For that reason, she kept quiet.

“ Mio ! Happy new year !” Kotei approached her friend before throwing her arms around her.

“ Um...happy new year to you too, Kotei-chan,” she said shyly as Kageyama pulled his sister back only to hit her on the head.

“ Is that the proper way to greet !”

“ Chill, nii-chan, it doesn't matter,” Kotei said dismissing him with a wave.