𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗 : ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕂

“𝑯𝒆𝒚, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 !”

.

𝟏

Why does this always happen with me ? Kageyama thought as he sat by the side of the sidewalk (just outside the stadium), watching his sister goof around with his fellow members from the training camp.

Somehow, Miwa had once again been summoned to another special showcase and she had to rush off leaving Kotei behind (also author needed a reason to let the kid spend some time with the Tokyo gang).

“ Umi’s life line is this,” Kotei said, with a very wise look on her face as she carefully observed Hoshiumi’s palm. The latter looked equally curious and a bit shocked at the child's intent. Is she really a genius in palmistry ? I don't think so.“ It's short.”

“ So ?”

“ Umi’s gonna die young,” Kotei informed with a smile.

“ That can't be true ! I'm a genius ! I can't die this young ! I plan on living till 100 !” Hoshiumi pulled on his hair before slamming his head against concrete. Kageyama didn't say anything because he felt like that line of thinking is absurd. No one sane enough would like to live that long on this corrupt place.

“ Okay. Eikichi next.” Kotei extended her hand motioning for the latter to show him his palm. It's a wonder how she comes up with these things on her own but apparently she met a ‘spiritual being’ on the streets the other day, with Miwa, and the old lady was kind enough to read her palm and say a few things about her.

Chigaya Eikichi.

He was moved to tears when Kotei recognised him at a glance as the person playing on the Shinzen Team back at their training camp. He didn't get to hang around that much with the girl because she mostly roamed with Bokuto and his group, the Nekoma Team and obviously Karasuno. Although she was on talking terms with Daiki and often played with his hair, there were only a few times she actually interacted with his teammates.

He still couldn't believe Kageyama's sister would have such an outgoing personality. The former didn't even recognise him at first. He had to introduce himself all over again. But of course they didn't talk much during the summer camp so it's only natural he wouldn't remember him. Yet, his sister did.

“ That's strange. Living till hundred seems like a curse to me,” Chigaya stated in a light manner and although he couldn't see, Kageyama nodded behind him, agreeing with the former.“ I mean—”

But he couldn't finish because he found Hoshiumi glaring at him from the corner of his eyes. He shut up at that. Everyone seemed intimidating in here. Initially, he was excited at the thought of making a lot of new friends and along with that, happy memories. But somehow it turned bittersweet.
He was glad Kageyama was the only one who made the effort to talk to him.