(Request) Unfit Souls Sicken Me

Requested Ask: Would you be good with a copperright one

Tw/Tags: Soulmate Au, Forced Soul Bonding, Forced Relationship, One-Sided Attraction, Unstable Soulmates, (All Not Between CopperRight), Heavy Angst, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, & Ambiguous Ending

I left Reginald's soulmate anonymous here

***

Reginald knows this was wrong. It went against everything that soulmates were supposed to be in society's wistfulness. He knew better it would make his destined soulmate beyond belligerent. They were meant to be sworn together literally by the soul. However here he was in the loving arms of another, his closest friend for so many years now who he desperately wished to be his alone. 

"You're alright, Reg?" A gruff voice cautiously asked, legitimate in his concern when Reginald snuck into the man's room alone around midnight with lifelessly dead eyes, slouched posture, and his beaten down exterior over all. "You don't look so well"

Without bothering to wait the taller man led Reginald back to a king sized bed carefully allowing him to get comfortable on the soft mattress leaning on the loose wooden headboard. 

"No. Not really… He's been a total ass lately but what else is new, y'know?" He answers with a sigh, staring up at the red head, " 

"I can tell. Know that this may be a bit personal but being truthful here. You don't have to stay with the guy 'cause you're all soulmates. Especially if he's treating you so badly" 

"Please. Let's not talk too deeply about this…" Pinching at the bridge of his nose in faux annoyance hiding his more difficult emotions, Reginald soon straightened his back hearing an irritated pop as he merely soldiered on, "And you know I can't. I wish I could but I can't. Nobody ever can. Not when it's with your destined mate" 

Unfortunately after hearing just enough about the many cautionary tales in his life, how soulmates trying to separate only lead to a deadly illness called the Broken Heart to occur making Reginald feels absolutely sick to his stomach at the prospect for himself, "The sadder thing is we can never hurt one another, cheat, and most certainly never leave the relationship. All we hear is that it's particularly unheard of. Dangerous even"

This time another deeper sigh exhales through his nose, his face in pain detailing his inner conflicts on the matter as vibrant purple eyes stared blankly at the ceiling above. 

"I'm sorry. Really I am. If I could do anything to change the fact you're forcibly bonded to him I would. In a heartbeat"

"It's fine… Let's just stop talking about that. I. I really don't feel good right now. The thought sickens me" 

"Alright. That's fine with me. I don't mean to intrude" 

"You're not" Not too long with a muffled whisper slipping past his lips Reginald didn't think he felt the sudden urge to let the walls crumble and let his emotions fully reign over him, "All I want from you is to be here for me. Help me feel better. You're the only person I know who can do that" 

Soon the pair found themselves in bed together, their hands interlocking, his head resting on the man's broad shoulders, and a few seconds later the other with the silent permission he gave had slowly wrapped an arm around his waist. In due time he felt at ease more than he could've managed with false smiles back with his soulmate. A prideful man known to be far too overconfident, egotistical, used to getting his own way with everything to material items to people. Total opposite to his friend, another man down to earth, kind yet strong who'll do anything to genuinely help. It was a comforting change he wasn't used to normally, a welcoming gesture that he'll welcome any day to the point he felt better. 

"I love you" He mindlessly blurted out, cheeks a warm pinkish red color.