(Request) Fix Or To Not Fix

Request: I have a request- Helicopter Repairs. It can be any light hearted genre. Charles is doing Repairs on his helicopter( what happen to it that leads to it needing repairs is up to you) other try to help out. Key word being try

***

"I didn't know what I was expecting to happen here?" Charles shakes his head. "I really didn't?" 

"Yeah, sorry we tried to help but…" 

"It's alright, guys. Really" He reassures the pair, Henry and Ellie that wanted to help him out. They saw he was fixing his plane, practically his baby, something to do with the engine and the wing. It didn't work out, neither one had the exact knowledge to fix the problem. So that's what brought the trio here both the engine busted, the wing having fallen off lying broken on the ground and a good chunk of the plane burnt. 

"... We had like no clue what we did?" Ellie bashfully continued. 

"Hm" 

Then Henry lightly kicked a mechanical part out the way, "We really didn't, Char. One moment we were figuring out what was wrong with the engine. Then it kinda went downhill after that and the wing fell off…" 

"It's alright. We got it all under control. It wasn't your fault entirely. Our planes here are old so it was almost expectant. Just glad it didn't catch on fire or anything that bad. We had that happen before" 

"Ah. Okay… What?" Turning to face the pilot, somehow the man was unbothered by what would startle anyone else, Ellie commented in disbelief, "This sort of thing happened before? Why do you have such old planes to begin with if they're bound to do this" 

"Eh. The military is cheap that way. And we really can't afford to constantly fix things like this" 

"That didn't stop you from trying to do your greatest plans there?" Henry added in for the comic effect. 

"Yeah… The general or anyone else isn't really pleased when I bring that up" 

"You're still the greatest pilots they ever had though" 

Nudging an elbow into Charles' side, very gently, mind you, Ellie slumped her arm over his shoulder whereas Henry stayed close, simply looking out towards the dismantled plane. 

"Uh huh. Thanks. Well the good thing in all this is that since the Toppats are defunct. Gone for. We might finally get a nice boost in advancements. We were scarce on that aspect. A lot of things to be honest" 

Allowing them to move away from the plane, Charles followed behind, "Even if you don't know how to fix something like this, which I'll never ask for again. You two did help in more ways than you can think of. Seriously you did. We'll be so behind if you two weren't here. So thank you for that"