(Request) Double Agent Betrayal

Request: H-hi, you asked for toppat stickvin a bit ago? I've been working on these ideas for a bit (but it's okay if you're not interested): toppat Charles, an ex-government pilot accidently left Henry, his then missions partner, behind when defecting (in his defense, he thought Henry was right behind him) and is now doing his darndest to recruit Henry while pleasing his new higher-ups. Little does he know that in the aftermath of his defection, Galeforce planted a tracker/bomb inside of Henry as a way of controlling him in Charles abscence. So Henry's responses to the recruitment efforts are mixed, to say the least. Or, if you wanted something simpler, I've come to the headcannon that all major Toppat bases must have a talior's shop/wardrobe department, so toppat Henry leading newly recruited Charles through a suit and wardrobe fitting with undertones of something (emotional vulnerability or comedy mayhaps?).

Sorry this took me a while. I really appreciate this so thank you so much for sharing it with me. I did the first idea as it gave me the chance to finally do something with traitor/double agent Charles.

If its fine with you, who requested this, I did kinda go with the first prompt but made a few changes to it. Also, this may be a little ‘Ooc’ for Charles but it's kinda relevant for the prompt.

***

“I thought you were there with me, Henry, so how was I supposed to know?” Charles says curtly with a shrug, unable to look directly at the man. “I would've… Tried taking you with me” 

The thief, Henry in question, stays silent, his arms crossed over his chest, standing where he was, unmoving, near the door. Currently the two men reside in an abandoned room at a shabby complex. In their own perceived safety, nobody else was there with them and they are stuck at a standstill. Enough that the prior respected pilot felt the need to break it first into manageable pieces. 

“What did you even expect anyways? For me to say sorry? I can't and I won't” Able to take note of the uncomfortable tension held within the other man, Charles wouldn't stand for it. “This was a job to me. I was never meant to stay this long with them” 

A painfully intricate plan that took many years to even start up, for him to gather all the right information, and finally having it come to a sweet fruition. The only downside to what his job entails is something he hadn't handled in proper care, no matter how much he's been trained to do otherwise. It was a task Charles did with manic glee, breaking the flimsy trust and hearts of many he came in contact with on his destructive path. Often there were no hiccups, but somehow Henry Stickmin was the exception, the only person he cared for deeply. It made his cold heart beat. That scared Charles. 

“Then why?” Decidedly Henry speaks and to neither surprise, it was short and blunt, highly emotional in how it visibly strained the man. 

“Why, what?” 

“You know what. Tell me why did you do this to me?” What happened next shocked the ex pilot when Henry stomps over, easily enough he towers over him, the anger seeps out in bucket’s worth the smaller man for once in such a long time almost experienced what true fear can be. “And why did you even bother to come back here?” 

“Oh” 

Plenty Of answers to the other's questions had begun to form in Charles’ mind then near instantly afterwards it dissipates. He doesn't understand any of the reasoning behind his sudden, uncalled for return when oftentimes he had always left in a haste without a glance back. “Well, you got me there... I don't know why… You're a criminal. I thought you would know what I did would be a ticket for you to get out of that dump”