(Request) Thoughtful

Request: Heres 1: The Revenged Ending but with Ellie In it.

Tw/Tags: Revenged Ending, Canon Divergence, Ellie's POV, Angst, Hurt/No Comfort, Mild Violence, Background Character Death, & Unhappy Ending

***

Ellie didn't know much about this Henry Stickmin guy other than that she felt sorry for him. The single time she ever saw him was when she was back at the Wall, he had escaped in a spectacularly odd way though from what she can only presumed didn't end well for him. Shaking her head, she didn't feel much of anything towards the man, a mere stranger in her weary eyes. Revenge was such a petty thing anyways when she decided for the better to ignore the news on every screen she passed by detailing his case. It was plainly unfortunate. 

"Shucks, what happened to him?" A stranger said, a heavy southern accent ringing in the background as she hovered near the bar's main booth waiting for a drink. 

"Eh. Not really. He deserved it. Like those criminals he took down" Another voice, likely the first stranger's friend replied in a brazenly careless manner, "And please he just unknowingly made it easier for the military to handle. Killing two birds with one stone, you get it, right?"

"I suppose... Nobody shoulda died in a fiery way like that though? From what I heard he was still alive when he crashed that huge ol' airship into that space thingy?" 

Turning around halfway she saw the pair in the corner of her eyes sitting in a small booth together opposite to one another while nursing their third drinks where the second harshly spoke up, "Ah who cares, man. He was a lowlife criminal. They are all. He backstabbed everyone he came across, the military, whoever else was in his way. Honestly he made it out far too easy" 

Swallowing the lump stuck in her throat, the redhead grimaced, switching her attention over to the bartender standing in front of her, "Uh. May I have a drink? Anything strong you got, please"

The bartender didn't say anything to her thankfully, only nodding in response when  making her the requested drink and as she received it a minute later in her hands. 

"Thank you" She tiredly sighs, taking in a breath, then takes a long, anxious look at the half full, clear glass contemplating her whole life. Immediately she downed nearly the entire drink in one gulp; it was in fact quite strong and bitter, she noted with a sudden shiver. Fiddling around with the cold cup she huffs out in exhaustion. Every moment from managing to break free from her prison to now she's tired for no real reason. Closing her eyes she imagined what life would've been if there were different choices had been made, one where she was able to live happily, free with supportive friends yet she tended to see the same sad thing.