(Request; Canon x Oc) Birthday

Request: Writing prompt possibly: Surprise birthday party for Bernadette cause she is too cute, please?

But only if she would like the surprise part and it wouldn’t scare her. Thank you either way!

Heya, thank you for the prompts. I'm really happy that you like my Oc, Bernadette as I really do enjoy writing to her even if I don't do it often. Always open and willing to take in requests from anyone

I kinda went in a different direction in this request. Basing this off myself, I like to headcanon Bernadette isn't too big on surprise parties. So I decided to do yet another prompt detailing her relationship with Galeforce.

Tw/Tags: Pre-Canon, Established Relationship, Mentioned Characters (Charles & Quentin), Mushy Love, Domestic Fluff, & Attempt At Humor

***

"Happy birthday, dear" Galeforce kissed Bernadette's cheek then he had handed something into her awaiting hands, palms cupped together to be careful with what was placed inside as she slowly began to open her eyes curiously taking in such a beautifully vibrant, colorfully decorated cupcake, "I know this isn't much. But I know you were never one for surprise parties or anything too extravagant"

With wide eyes she took in every detail to the tasty delight, obviously knowing it was her favorite, red velvet with cream cheese frosting topped in a light chocolate dusting on top. Then she took in the two candles displaying a big six and zero, a crooked smile forming on her lips, unable to hold back the chuckling.

"It's fine. Hubsy. Though I may have to ask you this? Did Quentin make this?"

"He did. You know he has a knack for baking and cooking. His speciality. Charles helped. A little. Only with choosing the candles and the card. I tried to tell those two, him in particular to not pull any jokes. Here we are though"

As she was handed the card, a basic everyday birthday card, she shook her head reading what her son humorously wrote, "Don't worry. I love it. They're something else, huh?"

'Happy birthday, ma. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Getting older is a good thing. It comes with new skills all in one! Like living another year without dying!'

"Incredibly inappropriate and gruesome, don't you think? To give that of all things to you, his mother for dear sake" Galeforce babbled, his displeasure evident with flushed cheeks going on full display.

"You're cute. I'm not easily offended as you are, hun. It's funny. I am getting older and so are you. I'm sixty years old so I ain't getting any younger, here. All these birthdays remind me"

Folding the card closed she put it away on the table and quickly made way to unwrap the cupcakes vibrant magenta wrapping to take a bite.

"You're doing just fine how you are. You always do. Accomplished so much I'm proud of you" Galeforce huffed, scratchy voice seeping in genuineness, she keenly noted, softening up when he shyly looked away in the opposite direction though managing to tentatively rub soothing circles on her back, "And you look gorgeous"

Then came his kind words he'd whispered in her ear meant for her to hear which she always welcomed them with open arms.

"Thank you" She mumbled, her mouth already full of the cupcake swallowing it in one gulp, she leaned in to plant a messy smooch on her husband's lips leaving the sweet residue from the cupcake on him.