(Request) Body Guard

Request: For the Hershell/Quentin, what about them meeting for the first time and little bit of love-at-first-sight deal? I'm a sap for those between certain people

Hi, thank you for this prompt. I kinda went outside the box of what you initially asked for as I went with an Au then my 'canon' first meeting for the pair. It's more like a first meeting with a light sprinkling of love at first sight though neither realizes it. 

Tw/Tags: Canon Divergence, Au - Neither Joined The Military, Different First Meeting, Minor Violence, Minor/Background Angst & Light Worldbuilding

Background Info: Hershell is an underground fighter & Quentin is an elite member of a clan (not the Toppats. But an original clan I made up). Both men here are in their mid/late twenties. 

***

Raising a brow skeptically, remaining stiff, his muscles twitching, Hershell stood his ground, wrapping fresh gauze around his bruised knuckles. Now a young man stood in his way, his warm beige complexion is radiant under the street lights as he was dressed in smooth, tight leather, with full loose dark curls smoothed back, and black eyes taking a long look at him. Any other person he may have been almost honored by though with the other man's teasingly egotistical smile hiding many secrets. 

"Don't you look nice? Really good?" 

When he first saw the stranger it was in the corner of his eye. The man had stood out, breathtakingly gorgeous near made his heart palpitate, in the crowd filled with either down on their luck civilians and or fighters waiting for their turn. His attention though stayed in the ring where he fought his opponent and won. After with sickening sweat on his russet brown skin drenching his white t-shirt, muscles now bulging in angering tension, and tiredly sore. 

"What do you want?" He breathes in, his annoyance made evident even when not meaning to appear mean he can't help it.  

"I just wanted to see the winner of the fight and honestly I'm not disappointed. Look at you" The man's voice is at a natural higher pitch then what Hershell expects when he keeps a defensive stance, "You're so big and strong. I never saw someone with muscles like you"

A gloved hand was about to touch him in curiosity and before it managed to do it he backs up putting space between them, "Uh huh. That's not the only reason you're here, is it?" 

A dramatic little huff escaped the man's soft lips, straightening his posture, and shrugging his shoulders. 

"Straight to the point, huh? Can't squeeze in a compliment for you. I got an offer for you" 

Testing the unstable water Hershell began to relax, his arms crossed over his broad chest. "What's the offer"

"From the way you fight out there, they never had a chance against you. You'll be perfect for the job. I want you to be my personal body guard"

"Wha-You're serious? I. I don't think I can do that"

"Hm. I am. The world we live in is such a dangerous place. We both know that very well" Startled slightly by the offer Hershell gulps, tangling his fingers in his ebony hair as the other continues, "Wouldn't you want to get out of this grimy slum? To make a better life for yourself?" 

"I do. Everyone does. Why do you think me among those fighters in that ring do what we do? For fun. To survive" Hershell states, eye balling the man again longer then he'll admit for his own pleasure, "You just can't come here, to my space, and lay this out on me. All you are is a stranger to me and I don't know your name. You can't expect me to drop everything so easily"  

"Oh. Yes, you caught me there. Totally forgot. The name is Quentin Alabaster. Yours? I was far too forward. You were amazing, that's why"  

"Hershell Panzer" He gulps, throat dry, hands tightening into fists, and his face growing hot. 

"Should've thought how you felt about this, so shall we start over? We can discuss the matter in more depth" 

The thought of making a better life for himself and his small family, only his son and best friend, Hershell hesitantly nodded. 

"Great. I'm glad we can at least come to a mild agreement. I'll explain what I ask of you if you desire to take the job. It pays well"