8: Painful Conversation

JIN POV

It hurts. Everything is coming back, because of her. My walls are breaking down. It's been five years, I can't afford to break down now. My eyes started to fill with tears. I can't help it. I was about to pour out what I had been keeping inside for the past five years, but I stopped when I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked, trying to sound normal.

"Um, it's Katy." The voice said. It's her.

"What do you want." I said coldly. I can't get close to her. I can't. I have to push her away. This can't be happening.

"Sorry to bother you, but can we talk?" She said. I froze. Okay, just push her away, make her hate you. Stay strong. I wiped my tears quickly and said,

"Come in." With that, she slowly opened the door and popped her head in. I sat on my bed and motioned for her to sit next to me, which she did. "So what do you need to talk to me about?" I asked, not making eye contact with her so that I wouldn't break down.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask, if... Well, if you...." She stopped for a second and took a deep breath. "Why do you hate me so much?" She asked all of a sudden. This made me turn to her, which was a terrible mistake. The second I saw her, I started to tear up again. She saw me and her eyes widened. "Omo, did I say something wrong? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" She said, but I shook my head, as tears started streaming down my face.

"You just remind me so much of her." I said. She raised an eyebrow.

"Of who?" She asked. I took a deep breath.

FLASHBACK

"Oppa! I made you an omelet with your name on it! Happy Birthday!" Minah said. I smiled and looked down at the omelet.

"You made this for me?" I asked, giving her a hug.

"Of course Oppa! I love you! Happy Birthday!" Minah said, hugging me back.

"Thanks, I love you too! Your the best girlfriend ever!" I said, lifting her and spinning her in the air.

"Yah oppa stop! Haha your gonna drop me!" Minah laughed.

END OF FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

"Oppa, I'm breaking up with you. I'm going to move to America. Don't find me. Don't wait for me. Just forget about me, because that is what I am going to do for you. Goodbye." Minah said.

"WAIT, what? Why are you doing this, what is wrong with you!" I screamed, but all she did was turn around and run away. Since then, I never saw her. She left me behind, crying, in the dark... Alone.

END OF FLASHBACK

I explained all of this to Katy, trying not to break down, and surprisingly, she listened very carefully. After I finished, I added,

"So that is why I have been so mean to you. You look like her, you remind me of her, and you sound like her." She nodded and said,

"Now I know why you have been acting like that. Jin, I get you, I felt like that before, but look. You have to face it and let it pass. There are many other people on this planet that will remind you of this girl, but the truth is, if you don't let go of her, you will always be miserable." I took in everything she said and shook my head.

"I've tried. I did for five years, until you came along." I said.

"Then you didn't try. You just put it to the side so you wouldn't have to face it. You have to face it now so that it won't hurt you anymore." She said. She was right. I just blocked everyone out instead of blocking Minah out. I sighed

"It's so hard." I said. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"I know, and it takes time, but you will be fine, trust me." She said. I looked up at her and she smiled.

"Your so easy to talk to." I said and she giggled.

"How would you know when you never even talk to me." She joked. I smiled.

"Sorry. I just was scared to get close to you." I said and she nodded.

"I understand, but I'm not her. I'm me, so don't compare me to her. Just get to know me as a whole different person." She said.

"Okay, I'll try. Here, let's start over." I held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Seok Jin, but you can call me Jin." I said. She giggled and took my hand.

"I'm Katy Jin, but you can call me Katy." She said. I nodded and we laughed together.

"Okay, let's go eat now, I'm hungry." Katy said and I nodded. With that, she nodded and got up and walked out of the room. I watched her leave, then took out a box from under my bed and opened it. There sat a picture of Minah and me. I took the picture and threw it in the trashcan before standing up to walk out of the room. Let the healing begin.