71: I Need You

JUNGKOOK POV
I opened my eyes again and took in the brightness of the sun. I was still in Katy's room. I sighed as I sat up. The second I did, dizziness filled my head. I guess it's a side effect from not eating. I looked at the letter Katy wrote for me once more, then at the necklace she left. I felt pain in my heart a second later. Tears blurred my vision. This is torture. I can't take this anymore. I have to see her again. My heart can't handle this. I got off of Katy's bed and I put the letter and the necklace into my pocket. Then, I wiped my tears and opened the door. When I did, I walked straight to the front door, but before I could leave, I heard,
"Jungkook?" I stopped and turned around. Once I did, I saw Namjoon hyung, Suga hyung, Jimin hyung, Jhope hyung, and Taehyung hyung staring at me with a surprised look.
"You actually came out of the room." Jhope hyung said. I looked at them, but I didn't answer.
"Jin hyung has been in his room ever since that day too..." Jimin hyung added. After hearing that useless coward's name, I turned around to leave, but I stopped again when I heard,
"I'm sorry! Don't leave!" Jimin hyung said. I stood in place with my back facing them.
"Jungkook where are you going?" Suga hyung asked.
"I'm going to go see Katy." I answered.
"What? Katy is all the way in California." He reminded me, pinching my heart. At that, frustration instantly filled my mind.
"Then I'm going all the damn way to freaking California!" I yelled harshly. I heard them jump back in surprise.
"You know you can't do that. You have a career and group here who needs you." Suga hyung added. At this, my eyes filled with tears and I turned around to glare at Suga hyung with my red eyes.
"I don't care. I need Katy. I'll walk all the way to California if I have to. I'm going to see her again." I said. He sighed.
"Your not going-" He started but I interrupted him.
"I didn't ask for your permission." I said, but he shook his head.
"Let me finish. Your not going... Without me." He finished. My eyes widened. I didn't expect that.
"What?" I asked.
"If I can't stop you from going, I'm going with you. What kind of hyung would I be if I let you go all the way to California on your own." He said, giving me a small smile.
"I'm going too. I want to see my best friend again." Taehyung hyung added.
"As the leader, count me in." Namjoon hyung chirped in.
"You guys aren't going without me." Jimin hyung said.
"Huh? Me too!" Jhope hyung volunteered. I stared at them.
"Fine. Then let's go." I said, but before I could leave, Suga hyung said,
"But first, let me tell manager-nim." I grunted.
"He will never let us go." I said.
"He will. Trust me." He said. Then, he walked out of the dorm and came back a few minutes later with the manager.
"Are you crazy? I will never let you guys go." Our manager said. I rolled my eyes.
"See?" I said but Suga hyung looked at our manager.
"Sir, Jungkook is hurting. You have to let us go so that he could see Katy atleast one more time. He won't do any performances right now. He is too sad. The faster he sees her again, the faster he will get back up on stage." He said. Our manager hesitated but sighed.
"Fine but I'm going with you guys. Let's go." He said, although before we could leave, I heard someone come out of the room.
"Your not going without me." Jin hyung said. I gritted my teeth and tightened my fists.
"Yes we are." I growled. The manager shook his head.
"No we're not. Jungkook, cooperate." He said. With that, I glared at him, turned around, and walked out of the door, slamming it behind me, going to the car first. A few moments later, they all came out and we got in the van. Then, we drove off to go to the airport, but during the ride, everyone was silent. I looked out of the window, thinking of Katy, but after a few moments, Namjoon hyung spoke up.
"Jungkook... We know it's hard for you right now, but the least you can do is talk to us. We care for you and we're here for you. We don't appreciate the rudeness in your voice. We know your sad but pushing us away won't change anything." He said. I looked at him and sighed.
"I'm sorry hyungs. Please understand that I don't hate you guys. I just don't feel like myself. I don't know who I am or what I am doing. I just feel broken. Just give me some space and time please." I said and they nodded in agreement.
"We understand. Oh, and we all got letters from Katy." Jhope hyung added. My eyes widened.
"She left you guys letters too?" I asked and they nodded. Then I remembered something.
"MANAGER-NIM!" I yelled. He jumped back in surprise.
"Omona you scared me! What?" He asked.
"Your phone! You have Katy's mom's number don't you?!" I asked. He nodded.
"Can I call her please?" I asked. He nodded and gave me his phone. Then, I found Katy's mother's number and I called it. After a few rings, she picked up.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Hello Mrs. Jin... I'm Jungkook." I started.
.
KATY POV
I opened my eyes. It felt weird waking up in my own bed, but I ignored it and sat up. Then, I felt this instant pain in my heart. The boys aren't outside in the living room. Jungkook isn't there. Tears reached my eyes as I thought of them. I already miss them so much. I wiped my tears and walked outside to hear my mom talking on the phone. Who could that be? I shrugged it off and went into the kitchen to eat breakfast. A few minutes later, my mom came in.
"Hey Katy? Do you want to go to the park with me tomorrow?" She asked me and I raised my eye brow.
"Why not today?" I asked and her eyes widened.
"Oh um, I have to go somewhere." She said. Something felt suspicious but I ignored it.
"Okay. Tomorrow it is." I said. With that, she smiled and kissed my forehead. Then, she left, leaving me in my own curious thoughts. A moment later, the thought of Jungkook and me at the park filled my mind. At that, tears instantly made their way up to my eyes again. Everything reminds me of him. I shook my head as my dad walked into the kitchen.
"Good morning sweetie!" He said and I smiled at him.
"Good morning dad!" I said back. He kissed the top of my head as he stood next to me. He had his hand behind his back for some reason.
"I have a surprise for you." He said. My eyes lit up.
"What is it?!" I asked. He chuckled. Then, a moment later, he pulled his hand out from behind his back, revealing a brand new iPhone. My eyes widened.
"Oh my gosh! Is that mine? Thanks dad!" I said, taking the phone from him and hugging him. He patted my back.
"I had your data and contacts from your old phone on my computer, so I already put all of them in your new phone for you." He said. I thanked him and hugged him once more. Then, I grabbed an apple and went back up to my room to explore my new phone. After a while, I went into my contacts and saw JB's number. At that, my eyes lit up and I called him. After a couple of rings, he answered.
"Hello?" He asked.
"Missed me?" I asked. For a second, there was silence.
"Katy?!" He finally said and I giggled.
"Guess who's back in California?!" I said. He cheered.
"Can you meet me? I'm near your house!" He said. I agreed. "Okay! I'll be there in five minutes!" He said. Then, he hung up and a few minutes later, I heard someone knock on the door.
"I'll get it!" I yelled. Then, I ran downstairs and opened the door, revealing JB with a wide smile. A second later, we hugged each other as we laughed.
"I missed you!" I said.
"I missed you too! Want to go get ice cream?" He asked.
"Sure!" I agreed. With that, he took me to an ice cream shop and we got our ice creams. Then, while we were eating, he asked me why I decided to come back. Then, while fighting the urge to cry, I started to tell him everything that happened. After I finished telling him everything, he looked at me with widened eyes.
"All of that happened within the past few days?" He asked and I nodded.
"Do you think he would ever come for you?" He asked. I froze. I never thought about that. Then, I shook my head. He could never do that.
"I don't know..." I said. Then, I changed the subject and asked him about his career. He started off and we ended up talking for hours. Then, when it got dark, he took me back home.
"Thanks for the great day JB, I had a lot of fun catching up with you." I said. He agreed.
"Call me whenever. I'll always be here for you." He said. I nodded and hugged him. Then, we said our goodbyes and he left. With that, I trudged to my room and crashed on my bed. Although when I did, I remembered the question JB asked me earlier.
Do you think he would ever come for you? I shook it off. He can't. He wouldn't. Although I wish he would. I miss him. But no, I left so that he could live his life. He won't come. After convincing myself, my eyelids got heavier and heavier and soon enough, I fell asleep.