31: The Lock of Love

JUNGKOOK POV

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. Today is the day that holds my last piece of hope. I looked at the clock. 11:00 am. I shot out of bed and did my morning routine. Then, I greeted the hyungs and ran out of the door by 11:30. I went to the park and waited there for about fifteen minutes. By this time, it was 12:00, but there was still no sign of Katy. Is she coming?

.

KATY POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I looked up at the ceiling. Today is the day I see Jungkook again. I looked at my clock. 11:30 am. I slowly snuck out of bed and realized that all of Got 7 was still sleeping. I dashed into the bathroom and washed and changed. Then, I snuck out of the door, leaving a note on the table that said: Be back soon! Then, I walked to the park and I got there in exactly ten minutes. When I got there, I looked at my phone to see the time. 12:10 am. I looked around. Is he here yet? I walked to an ice cream truck and I looked around some more, hoping he was here. After a few minutes, I was about to walk to a different place, but I stopped when I heard a sudden voice behind me, which melted my heart.

"You came." A deep voice said. I turned around and saw Jungkook standing there, looking really cute and happy.

"Hi Jungkook, nice to see you again." I replied, smiling.

.

JUNGKOOK POV

"Hi Jungkook, nice to see you again." She replied smiling. My heart ached. Please just remember. I smiled back.

"Shall we go?" I asked and she nodded. She followed me to my car and got in. Then, I went to my seat and I drove off. As we went, we shared some glances, but we didn't say anything, so it was unexpected when she asked me a sudden question.

"So, where are you taking me?" She asked. I smiled.

"I'm taking you to the beach." I answered.

"Oh? What for?" She asked again. I giggled.

"You ask too many questions." I said. After that, we drove in silence again, but not for long. We got there faster than I thought we would. It felt like we were at the park a second ago, but really it had been thirty minutes. I escorted Katy out of the car and took her hand.

"Follow me, I have something to show you." I said. She nodded and followed me. I took her to where we had locked our relationship lock. THIS was my last hope. THIS was my last chance. I took her to the lock and I showed it to her.

"Jungkook and Katy?!" She asked, reading the lock as her eyes widened. I nodded.

"Katy, you are MY girlfriend, not Jr's." I said, finally confessing. She shook her head.

"What are you talking about? You could have put this here at any time. Why should I believe this?" She asked and I smiled. I showed her the bottom of the lock, which had the date it was purchased engraved on it, proving that this was put there before the accident.

"And plus, isn't that your signature?" I asked pointing at her name signed and she slowly nodded.

"But how?" She asked, shocked. Although once again, she shook her head. "No, you did something." She said. I sighed.

"I have one more thing for proof to show you that we locked this together." I said.

"And what is that?" She asked. I cupped her cheeks with my hands, and I slowly made my way down to her neck. I felt relieved when I felt that the key necklace that I gave her was still around her neck. I took off her necklace and she looked at me. I held it up.

"This key unlocks the lock. I bought a spare for you to keep for memory of this place." I said and she stared at it. I handed it to her.

"See for yourself, your MY girlfriend." I said. She took it slowly and put it in the lock. Then, I watched as she slowly turned the key and the lock opened. I let out a sigh of relief. Her hands were shaking.

"H-How is this possible?" She asked.

"It was all a lie. Jr made the entire story up so that you would leave me. The truth is, he was the reason why you were in the hospital, not me." I said. Tears formed in her eyes.

"N-No." She said. I stared at her. I missed her so much, and even though she was crying, she was still beautiful. I couldn't help myself. I grabbed her waist, leaned in, and kissed her. At this, her eyes widened.

.

KATY POV

Jungkook leaned in, grabbed my waist, and kissed me. My eyes widened. I wanted to pull back, but something kept me from doing so. Then, I was suddenly hit with the biggest head ache ever, which filled my brain with flowing memories of Jungkook and I.

MEMORIES

"Katy Jin, I have had feelings for you since the first time I ever laid eyes on you. You are beautiful and perfect in every way and I love having you in my life. You are different from any other girl and I love everything about you. I promise to make you my one and only and to make you happy. So please, would you give me the honor of... being your boyfriend?"

"Hyungs! Katy and I are dating!"

"I'll go easy on you Jagi."

"I knew you would love them. Look! I'm wearing the same pair! Now we look more like a couple!"

"I bought a spare key, so that you can wear the necklace and remember my love for you and that we will forever be together through this special lock."

"Katy Jin, this key holds the love I have for you. It's small, but it is powerful. It is something I have decided to show you my love with, and I hope that you can accept it with the kind and amazing heart you have."

"I don't want to leave you. For a week, I won't be able to see you, touch you, or talk to you in person. I don't think I could handle that."

"Jagi! I missed you so much! Like seriously I thought I was going to die!"

"Oppa?! That's it. Don't you dare touch her!"

END OF MEMORY RUSH

I pushed Jungkook off and I breathed heavily. Jungkook looked at me, hope in his eyes.

"Ju-Jungkook oppa?" I asked.

"Katy? Do you remember me?" He asked, still hoping. I nodded.

"Ya pabo, give me back my necklace!" I said. At this he grew a HUGE smile on his face and he lifted me up and spun me around. Then, he attacked me with kisses.

"Jagi! Oh my gosh are you really back?" He asked, tears forming in his eyes. I cupped his cheeks, looked into his eyes, and nodded.

"I'm back oppa, I'm sorry it took so long." I said. At this, he spun me around again and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Oh my gosh, you put me through so much! I thought I was going to die! Like seriously I was breaking and aching and crying and just a huge wreck. I missed you so much and my crazy love for you is still the same!" He said, holding me tight. I put my hand through his hair and I kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry oppa, but I'm back now, and I love you too." I said. We stayed in that position for minutes. It felt so right and I felt at home. Finally, I was back.