60: Jin's Birthday (Part 1)

KATY POV
Today is Jin's birthday and I have been planning his birthday party all night. Jungkook and the rest of the boys, except for Jin of course, had stayed up with me. We decorated the entire dorm in pink balloons, streamers, and confetti and there was a birthday banner set up for him as well. On top of that, I made seaweed soup and cake so that we could eat it for breakfast. It is now 8:00 am and we are finally done with the preparations. Now, it is time to wake up Jin. I was about to go into his room to wake him up, but Jungkook stopped me.
"I'll do it." He said. Then, he went into the room and after a while, he ran out.
"1, 2, 3!" I yelled. Then, Jin came out and we started singing.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SEOK JIN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" After we started singing, Jin's eyes widened and his lips formed a smile.
"Thanks guys. I really didn't expect this!" He said and we smiled back.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled again and he thanked me. Then, the boys went one by one to say happy birthday to Jin and then we sat down to eat.
"Oh my gosh! Who made all of this!" Jin asked, looking at the food. I raised my hand and he smiled at me.
"Thank you so much! I'll eat it well!" He said. Then, we dug in and let me just say I have never seen food disappear so fast. After breakfast, we all sat on the couch.
"So what do you want to do today?" I asked Jin. His eyes lit up.
"I want to go see my family!" He said. All of our eyes widened.
"WHAT?!" We all yelled.
"Are we allowed to do that?" I asked and the boys thought about it.
"Well, I guess it's okay..." Suga said. Jin smiled.
"YES!" He said. I giggled.
"Okay then! Let's go!" I said. At that, we all got up and got ready. Then, we went into the van and drove to Anyang, Jin's hometown. When we got there, his family was waiting outside of the house and Jin automatically ran out of the van and into his mother's arms. The rest of us followed slowly as we greeted his family.
"Katy, this is my dad, my mom, and my older brother, Minseok." Jin introduced. I did my 90 degree bow and greeted them.
"Anneyonghaseyo, Katy-imnida." I said and his family smiled.
"Oh! You are so pretty! But if you don't mind me asking, how did you meet Bangtan?" His mom asked.
"Oh, there was a situation and she had to stay with us for a while." Jin explained and his mother nodded.
"Oh, well I hope they aren't troubling you that much. They are all big trouble makers." His mom said and I giggled. "Please come in!" She invited. At that, Jungkook walked closer to me and we all walked in together.
"Lunch will be ready in a few minutes so go ahead and get comfortable!" His mother said and we sat down in their living room. There, Bangtan and I sat on one big couch while Jin's brother and father sat on the one on the opposite side. It was silent for a while, but soon I realized that Jin's brother was looking at me. I felt uneasy.
"So Katy... how old are you?" Minseok asked. I gulped.
"I am now 19." I said. He smiled.
"Hyung! Stop your making her uncomfortable!" Jin yelled at his brother but he just gave Jin an innocent face.
"What?! I just asked how old she was that's all!" He said. Then, he looked at me again. "Are you by any chance dating someone?" He asked and I froze. What is this guy!
"Um..." I said.
"Yes, me." Jungkook said all of a sudden. Minseok's eyes widened.
"Woah! The maknae? Dang I did not see that coming!" He said. Jin glared at his brother. "Okay okay I'll stop." He said. Then, Jin's dad spoke up.
"So boys! How have you guys been?" He asked.
"Good." The boys answered in sync. "You guys are really tired from your comeback huh?" He added and the boys nodded. Then, before things got even more awkward, Jin's mother came in.
"Lunch is ready!" She said. At that, we all got up and went to the dining room. There, a whole feast was set up for us and my eyes widened. Jin's mother laughed.
"Let's eat!" She said. We all dug in and I have to say, that was the greatest food I had ever tasted. After we ate, the boys went back to the living room and I helped Jin's mom clean up and cut fruit. While we were doing so, it was quiet, until Jin's mom started talking.
"Can I ask you a question?" She asked. I nodded. "What do you think of Jin?" She asked. I froze.
"What do you mean? He's a good friend." I said.
"But you don't have any other feelings for him?" She asked.
"I have a boyfriend." I said.
"Oh, I am so sorry I didn't know! Well, it makes sense though. There is no way a pretty girl like you would be single!" She complimented and I thanked her.
"So who's your boyfriend?" She asked.
"Jungkook." I answered and she nodded.
"Lucky boy." She said and I thanked her again. By then, we were done cleaning up and cutting the fruit so we went out to join the boys. I went to Jungkook and he looked at me with a curious face.
"Are you okay? You look uncomfortable." He said and I shook my head.
"No, I'm okay." I said as I smiled and he smiled back. Then, we sat and talked with everyone else. We stayed there for the rest of the day, although as soon as it got dark, we got up to leave.
"It was great seeing you guys again." Jin said to his family and they hugged. Then, one by one, the rest of the boys said goodbye to Jin's family and went into the van. When it was my turn to say goodbye to them, I hugged his mom and she whispered,
"Take good care of them for me." and I nodded. Then, I shook hands with Jin's dad and brother and got in the van. When we were all in, we said our final goodbyes and drove away. I took a deep breath at the day we had and I looked outside the window. Although after a while, Jungkook tapped on my shoulder and I turned to face him.
"You okay?" He asked and I nodded. Then, I rested my head on his shoulder and from there, we went home in silence.