Chapter 2 - Rebirth

Lin Qian was surrounded by the friends he grew up with.

Xu Yao, Jiang TingJun, Pan QiBo...and Fu YiFei, who had fallen to the ground from shock, taking a desk down with him.

The loud bang Lin Qian had just heard turned out to be this.

All his friends were looking at him in horror, as if they just heard some terrible piece of news. Fu YiFei was on the ground with his mouth wide open in an astonishing arc, making him look quite silly.

But no one was more surprised than Lin Qian himself.

He realized that he was actually in his alma mater, No. 12 High School. He was sitting in his classroom and standing before him were all of his friends, faces still familiar, but obviously too young.

No wonder he thought Xu Yao's face looked weird when he first saw it. The Xu Yao in front of him didn't have any fine lines created by the hardships of life but instead, sported two ugly acne bumps sticking out of his forehead.

Nearby, other students who were attracted by the sound of the falling desk looked at him doubtfully.

Lin Qian subconsciously kneaded his temples in an attempt to wake himself up.

As he did this, his friends all gradually recovered.

Xu Yao took the lead and approached him, his face engraved with the words 'shocked' in uppercase. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before finally managing to say: "Ah Qian, what did you just say?"

Lin Qian at the moment couldn't understand the situation in front of him so opted not to answer. Instead, he scrutinized his friend's face, in an attempt to figure out the truth from falsehood.

Jiang TingJun's face was frightened and uncertain as he said: "I think I just had an auditory hallucination..."

Fu YiFei, who was still sitting on the ground, raised his hand and weakly echoed, "Me too..."

Lin Qian's gaze moved with their voices, analyzing each person carefully. He identified these friends of his who were clearly familiar but were strangers at the same time.

Several of his young friends looked at each other as they muttered their doubts, as if asking the other whether they really heard what they heard.

Xu Yao was still looking at him, asking again and again: "Ah Qian, what did you just say?"

"He said that he and Zhang PingQing were together." A girl suddenly interrupted

Lin Qian turned his head to look at the female classmate who just spoke. She had a low presence in class, and he couldn't even remember her name, only vaguely remembering that she seemed to enjoy reading some strange books.

This female classmate pushed her glasses back to the bridge of her nose, her eyes hidden behind the lens showing a mysterious and eager twinkle: "He also said that he was going to marry Zheng PingQing."

At this, Pan QiBo, the only other person who had stayed silent, finally confirmed his fears and made a concluding statement: "It seems that it wasn't just an auditory hallucination everyone conveniently had at the same time."

Pan QinBo and the female classmate's words were tantamount to thunder, striking every one of the onlookers, causing them to gasp.

"What? Are Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing together?"

"I don't believe it! How can No. 12 have room for both of these arch-rivals?"

"Wait, I also heard Lin Qian badmouthing Zheng PingQing just this morning! How can Lin Qian change his tune after just two classes?"