Chapter 63 - The Truth

In the end, Shao SiJia’s bluff was for naught. It would be impossible to actually let Zheng PingQing sleep with her, so the only thing she could do was walk Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing to Lin Qian’s room, pull them by their ears, then remind them of the wonders of abstinence.

When Shao SiJia left, Chen ShiYi came and knocked on their door. She looked at Zheng PingQing and said: “PingQing, come out for a bit. I have something to discuss with you.”

Zheng PingQing, who couldn’t wait to get into Lin Qian’s bed, reluctantly let go of the blanket, wore a pair of slippers, and walked out of the room.

Chen ShiYi led him into the balcony. The two looked out into the dark neighborhood and the tall buildings nearby. The buildings had small squares of light that contrasted with the darkness- a touch of warmth in the cold.

Zheng PingQing rubbed his arms, his light pajamas unable to protect him from the night wind. “What’s wrong?”

Chen ShiYi hesitated for a moment, then carefully said: “YaZhi and I just had a discussion about something. You’re already in your senior year of high school, and your workload is quite heavy now. We both think that it would be very inconvenient for you to live alone, and we worry about it. So we wanted to ask your opinion about something…how about living here next semester? Lin YaZhi could help you with your studies.”

Zheng PingQing looked up towards her. It was too dark for him to clearly see her expression, but he still couldn’t help but reply somewhat mockingly: “An occasional sleepover is alright, but if I move in, what do you think my dad will say?”

“I don’t think he would object.” Chen ShiYi said.

She sighed. “Although your father is busy making money all day and doesn’t have much time to accompany you, he still cares. He’ll understand.”

Zheng PingQing’s voice was soft but a little cold when he replied: “Of course he’ll understand. Hasn’t he been understanding towards you all this time?”

Chen ShiYi was taken aback, as if she didn’t understand the meaning of Zheng PingQing’s words.

Both sides remained silent.

The nighttime breeze does not understand the hearts of people. It will continue to blow, no matter what.

After who knows how long, Lin YaZhi’s voice sounded out: “When you’re done, hurry and come back inside; its cold out.”

Chen ShiYi replied: “Coming.”

Chen ShiYi looked at Zheng PingQing: “Then, you…”

Zheng PingQing suddenly interrupted her. “There’s a question I’ve always wanted to ask you.”

He stepped forward, causing the lights from inside the house to hit his face. The shadows caused his expression to look even more gloomy. Zheng PingQing gravely asked: “You married Lin YaZhi because you two had a common language and tacit understanding between each other. But why couldn’t you have waited until after your divorce before getting together with him?”

He had never asked her this in his last life. Honestly, he never thought he would be able to ask her in his entire lifetime.

Once, his relationship with Chen ShiYi was so bad it was beyond saving. He hated her for abandoning her family- both her husband and son. But he also missed the happiness he had once had with her.

When he was young, Chen ShiYi hadn’t been as busy. She could spend half the year at home with him and cook for him. Although she wasn’t very good at cooking, she was always careful.

She bought several sets of tweezers, knives and other equipment similar to the tools she used in her labs, and would pick out fish bones or cut his food for him.