Chapter 16 - Mysterious Code

“…I heard that Huo PingChuan suggested to the principal that they should do a teacher satisfaction survey so students could grade each teacher anonymously, like some evaluation thing. It was rejected by the principal though.” Zheng PingQing whispered as he leaned towards Lin Qian while looking through some exercises. With Gou XinDou successfully going undercover, he occasionally got some news about the upper echelons.

“Huo PingChuan suggested it now?” Lin Qian frowned.

Huo PingChuan had also been the one to put forward the idea of a teacher evaluation survey in their previous life, but he did it after he came into power. How come he suddenly proposed it ahead of schedule this time?

Lin Qian felt that some things were changing.

Zheng PingQing agreed with his thoughts: “I guess some things didn’t develop the way he wanted them to, so he did this ahead of time.”

The two men’s fingertips touched. Zheng PingQing lightly held Lin Qian’s finger and gently caressed the bone using his index finger. “I don’t know what he thinks he’ll accomplish with this.”

Lin Qian silently looked at Zheng PingQing’s small movements and said: “I don’t know what Huo PingChuan is planning, but you’re pretty darn obvious to me right now.”

Zheng PingQing was generous as he replied: “You can move.”

Lin Qian firmly pulled at Zheng PingQing’s hair in retaliation.

“Lin Qian is bullying the Boss again!” Dong MingEn angrily slapped his thigh.

The daily remedial lessons they had agreed to were scheduled after school. The principal personally assigned Ke CaiZhu’s office to them, so this room had changed from the torture room for every student to the exclusive torture room of Dong MingEn and friends.

Although Dong MingEn had made up his mind to participate in the remedial lessons earnestly, he obviously couldn’t adapt and study right away. As if facing great punishment, he and his friend’s faces were pale and white for the past two weeks. Zhou Daota had already taken several sick leaves.

Fortunately, Xu Yao didn’t really take their lessons seriously either, so they were all fishing in troubled waters together. Everybody was getting by peacefully.

The only people taking the remedial lessons seriously were Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing. After all, they had to set an example for their younger brothers, or they all would have run away a long time ago.

However, while the remedial lessons weren’t getting anywhere, the relationship between the two groups had eased a lot. They used to shout at each other whenever they met in the corridors, but nowadays, they all were too embarrassed to accost one another.

It certainly wasn’t possible to confront each other; after all, they all had to study together after school. But of course, giving each other friendly greetings was even more unlikely. As two well-known adversaries in their school, how could they just casually greet each other? They had to preserve their dignity after all.

So now, whenever the two groups met in school, they would always try their best to avoid any eye contact. But even while doing this, both groups still tried their best to report any suspicious activities to their friends. The result was very awkward tutoring sessions.

Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing didn’t seem to have such awkwardness, despite Lin Qian becoming Zheng PingQing’s exclusive tutor. At first, friends and relatives on either side had vehemently opposed this arrangement. They all felt that this was some plot devised by the enemy. But the two just did whatever they wanted, laughing off the objections of their younger brothers.