Chapter 86 - Shattered White Moonlight

In this early morning, Zheng BuLu sat on the living room couch of the Lin family home. Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing sat opposite of him, while Lin YaZhi was seated on his right.

Lin YaZhi yawned as he rubbed his eyes and said: “Old Zheng, hurry and make a decision, ah. I still want to go back to sleep.”

Zheng BuLu had two huge eye bags on his face. He was obviously tired, and he looked at Lin YaZhi with a bitter expression.

After the phone call he had with Lin YaZhi, Zheng BuLu rushed back to Rong City overnight and knocked on the Lin family’s door early this morning.

However, he was the only one who spent all last night worrying. The three people in front of him didn’t look the least bit sleep deprived. In fact, when Lin YaZhi opened the door for him, Lin YaZhi looked annoyed! If he wasn’t so insistent, Zheng BuLu had no doubt that Lin YaZhi would’ve simply gone back to sleep.

Zheng BuLu was originally very worried, upset, and angry. He spent the whole night thinking of all the ways he could teach the two children a good lesson. Zheng BuLu even thought of initiating a preemptive strike, to jolt them back to reality first, then slowly guiding them patiently and systematically back to the right path.

And he really did start to do this. As soon as Zheng BuLu saw Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing, he scolded them, and scolded them, and scolded them. But he didn’t get a single change of expression from the two. In fact, they asked him to wait so that they could go back and brush their teeth and wash their faces first. It was only after they were clean and tidy that they invited Zheng BuLu to sit down.

Zheng BuLu let his temper out for half a day, but it was akin to hitting cotton with a hammer. There wasn’t even the slightest echo that could be heard. It made the present situation quite awkward.

Zheng BuLu didn’t know if he just imagined things, but Lin YaZhi looked like he was watching a funny show.

His temper was explosive, but in the end, it had minimal effect. Zheng BuLu found the situation baffling, so he turned to his son for clarification. But when he saw Zheng PingQing, Zheng BuLu got frightened.

He had been so angry that he didn’t notice until now, but Zheng BuLu found that Zheng PingQing had several bruises on his arms.

Zheng BuLu became so nervous that he forgot his anger. He quickly asked: “PingQing, why are you covered in bruises, ah? Who did you fight with?”

Lin YaZhi coughed to one side, and uncomfortably answered: “It was me.”

Zheng BuLu looked at him, obviously unwilling to believe this. “Brother Lin, don’t try to help him lie! Others may not know, but I know you well, ah. How can I believe that you would hit a child!”

Lin Qian: “….”

Zheng PingQing: “….”

For a moment, the trio seriously pondered how Zheng BuLu could develop such a fantastical impression of Lin YaZhi.

Lin YaZhi also became a little embarrassed. After having a night to think about things, he regretted treating Zheng PingQing so harshly. After some hesitation, he said: “I found out about their relationship yesterday and acted impulsively. At the heat of the moment, I…”

Zheng BuLu became even more baffled. “Brother Lin, you really can’t lie well, ah. If you really did hit him because of their relationship, then why didn’t Ah Qian get hurt? You couldn’t have just hit PingQing, right?”

Lin Qian: “…..”

Zheng PingQing: “….”

Lin YaZhi’s eyes strayed to the right, then to the left. Unable to look directly at Zheng BuLu, he finally replied: “…I didn’t think about it. I started hitting Xiao Zheng, then suddenly realized their relationship wasn’t that big of a deal…”