Chapter 104 - Extra 9: Marriage

“It’s time, it’s time!”

“Boss, let’s go.”

Dong MingEn, Lou XingGuang, and all the other former delinquents of class 8 were dressed in neat suits. They lined up on both sides of the Zheng family home’s front door, waiting for Zheng PingQing to come out.

“PingQing, don’t make Ah Qian wait for so long.” Zheng BuLu nervously pushed Zheng PingQing forward. Someone handed Zheng PingQing a bouquet of flowers, saying: “Don’t forget this.”

Zheng PingQing accepted the bouquet and pulled at the hem of his suit, feeling somewhat dazed. Then, he straightened his back and stepped past the threshold.

Lou XingGuang cheered: “Boss, don’t be nervous. We’ll be right behind you, giving support.”

Zheng PingQing raised his chin. “How could I be nervous.”

Zhou Daota frowned. “Boss, your hands and feet are moving at the same time…”

Zheng PingQing: “…”

Gou XinDou quickly pushed Zhou Daota away. “The Boss always walks like that, ah. It’s not because of nervousness.”

Zheng PingQing: “…”

Zheng PingQing decisively waved his hand and said: “Everybody get on the bus; we’re leaving.”

As Zheng PingQing got on the bus, he found that his legs were slightly shaking.

Sigh, there’s nothing to be done. Zheng PingQing had been waiting for this day for far too long.

As soon as they graduated from university, Zheng PingQing formally proposed to Lin Qian. He just couldn’t wait another day.

Fortunately, Lin Qian had always been able to keep up with his pace. When Zheng PingQing proposed, Lin Qian directly gave him a few promising dates for their wedding. Of course, Zheng PingQing straightforwardly chose the earliest date possible.

In truth, they couldn’t get a marriage certificate in China, so this so-called marriage ceremony was just for their own satisfaction.

But Zheng PingQing really wanted this wedding.

He wanted to give Lin Qian all the best things in the world, including a once-in-a-lifetime romance.

At first, they planned on going abroad to hold the wedding ceremony, but Lin YaZhi and Chen ShiYi couldn’t go abroad due to their work. In the end, they decided to hold a simple ceremony in China and invite some relatives and friends. Afterward, they would go abroad and go on a honeymoon.

However, since they decided to hold the wedding in China, the parents inevitably became involved. After much discussion, it was decided that the wedding would follow a traditional Chinese style, albeit with some simplifications.

However, some customs still stuck.

For example, for the wedding reception, Lin YaZhi insisted that Lin Qian should be the one to pick up Zheng PingQing. After all, Lin Qian is technically the family head. However, Zheng BuLu thought that Zheng PingQing should be the one picking up Lin Qian because the bridegroom needed to physically carry the bride when picking the \'bride\' up. Comparing their two sons, Zheng BuLu believed that Zheng PingQing had more physical power.

With the issue stuck at a deadlock, Ke MuZi wrote a small rock-paper-scissors program and made the two dads play, with the overall winner getting the right to pick up the bride.

With two wins out of three…Lin YaZhi lost.

So today, the wedding procession formally started at the Zheng family mansion, then traveled to the Lin family home.