Chapter 42 - The Ruthless and Headstrong Lin YaZhi

Lin YaZhi didn’t have the best of tempers on a normal day. There were already plenty of stories about him throughout the school. But no one thought that he would even dare to fight the Vice-Principal.

The atmosphere in the office suddenly tensed up to the extreme. Ke CaiZhu let out an exaggerated scream and rushed to help Huo PingChuan up. As she was doing this, she shouted: “Lin YaZhi, you dare beat up Principal Huo?! Totally lawless! You’ve always been the black sheep in the entire teaching staff, I have to report you…”

Lin YaZhi sneered, his sharp eyes pointing towards Ke CaiZhu like a knife. “Headteacher Ke, if you weren’t a woman I would’ve long beaten you into an early grave. Watch yourself.”

Everyone knew that when Lin YaZhi’s ‘beating’ was to literally beat someone up. His warnings were never empty words. Ke CaiZhu, who had been screeching non-stop, was so frightened she quietened down immediately. She was so nervous she even accidentally hiccuped.

One of the teachers couldn’t help but sigh in regret….they really wanted to see Ke CaiZhu get beat up!

Bai YanZhu and Lin YaZhi were both homeroom teachers and usually had a good relationship. So it was Bai YanZhu that stepped forward and held Lin YaZhi back. “Mr. Lin, calm down first. We’ll listen to whatever it is you want to say.”

Lin YaZhi coldly replied: “I’m over trying to speak nicely. Since Vice-Principal Huo doesn’t seem to be listening, then I’d rather be more direct.”

Huo PingChuan was kicked in front of so many teachers that his face was now ruined. Furious, Huo PingChuan pointed at Lin YaZhi and said: “Your son was the one who got himself in this mess! Look at his test results, ah, what do you want me to do? It’s the provincial admissions office that reviews the students. Why don’t you go beat them up instead!”

“You tell me the name of the person who took your bribe, and I’ll gladly beat him all night.” Lin YaZhi replied deadpan.

Teaching staff: “….” Everyone looked at each other with subtle gazes.

Huo PingChuan chocked on Lin YaZhi’s words. He couldn’t reply straight away. Then he became angry again and shouted: “Lin YaZhi, what are you talking about? Why are you trying to slander with that nonsense? I ask that you immediately apologize to me.”

Lin YaZhi clenched his fist and looked very scary. “Huo PingChuan, your son’s great results only came out today. Yet the student information was already sent to the provincial admissions office half a month ago. What qualifications did your son have to win the recommendation?”

All the other teachers looked at each other. Huo PingChuan’s face turned green and white, but in the end, he was the Vice-Principal. He wouldn’t be cowed as easily as Huo YeRui. Huo PingChuan sneered and retorted: “Did you already forget YeRui’s first monthly test results?”

Lin YaZhi replied: “Is it not true that no one other than the student representative got first place these past few years? And yet your son got recommended based on one test result? Are your son’s grades encrusted with diamonds?”

Huo PingChuan sneered. “Yes, my son fought for it and won. YeRui has the ability. What’s the matter with that? Doesn’t having better grades prove that he’s more qualified than your son?”

Lin YaZhi’s face turned darker and darker as Huo PingChuan’s expression became prouder. “Lin YaZhi, if you have the ability, then why don’t you think of ways to help your son. You can only blame yourself. You even let him associate with those bad students…”

As soon as Huo PingChuan said this, Bai YanZhu made a sound of protest. “Vice-Principal Huo, the students of Class 8 aren’t bad…”

Lin YaZhi looked at Huo PingChuan straight in the eye. “If Huo YeRui goes through the normal process and gets the recommendation, I never would’ve said anything. But the process was problematic from the very beginning. So even if Huo YeRui gets first place ten times, I’ll never give up.”