Chapter 91 - Birthday Present

In the very early hours of the morning, there was no more firewood, and the sparks had gone out of the bonfire. The No. 12 party was coming to an end.

Some of the students were still wide-eyed and excited, while some could barely suppress their yawns.

“Get up, walk, walk. Go to sleep in your room.”

“Damn, I’m so sleepy. I haven’t been awake for so long in ages.”

“Wow, then you didn’t work hard enough, ah. I studied until the early hours of the morning right before the college entrance exams. My biological clock has already been turned wonky.”

“Me too. Look at my wide-open eyes.”

“Give me a hand, ah. My eyelids are stuck together…”

……

The students were standing and about to shuffle off into the villa when the two rows of lights above them suddenly went out.

The bonfire had long fizzled out, so they had intended to rely on the lights to guide them. But now that they were gone, the beach was suddenly plunged into darkness. It’s usually cold at the seaside at night, and without any sort of light, the students could feel the chill more starkly. Fortunately, they were a big group, so they weren’t afraid.

“What happened? Is it a power outage?”

“No way, so suddenly?”

“Fuck, I haven’t taken a shower yet, ah. What am I going to do if the power doesn’t come back on?”

“Wait, we won’t have air conditioning?!”

……

As the students howled, a light cluster suddenly shined on the path to the villa. They saw two staff members push a beautifully decorated fruit cake towards them.

The beach was pitch black, with the only source of light being the candles on the cake. Everyone’s eyes were naturally attracted to the cake, so even at a distance, they could see the huge ’18’ on top of the cake.

“Whose birthday is it?”

“Wow, someone’s turning eighteen!”

“Not necessarily. Maybe the cake is the wrong way round? Maybe it’s 81?”

“Alright, so tell me: Who here in the immediate vicinity do you think is eighty-one years old?”

……

After seeing his fellow classmates deep in thought, Gou XinDou was speechless. He told them: “Our itinerary was arranged by Boss Zheng. Isn’t it obvious who ordered the cake?”

He was silent for a moment, then said: “Is there anyone here who dares take ownership of that cake?”

Students: I dare not, dare not.

Xu Yao said: “Oh, yes, tomorrow, no today is Ah Qian’s birthday. But…Ah Qian doesn’t usually celebrate his birthday?”

Zheng PingQing waltzed past them and said: “That was before. But now he has me, so he’ll have as many birthday parties as he wants. In fact, he can have birthdays in each of the 12 zodiac months.”

Lin Qian looked at him and smiled, but said nothing.

Zheng PingQing immediately corrected himself when he saw this. “I mean, he has me now, so of course I should arrange a cake for his birthday.”

Xu Yao: “….”

The others: “….”

Boss Qian was too awesome.