Chapter 71 - New Year's Gift

In the Zheng family kitchen, the two chefs sent by the housekeeping were bustling about. He YiJun was also there, calling out instructions and inspecting all the dishes. One of the chefs couldn’t help but complain to her: “Miss, why did you suddenly add so many dishes without telling us in advance, ah. We don’t have enough raw ingredients to do it all.”

He YiJun’s attitude towards these chefs was nowhere near as accomodating as her attitude was to the Zheng family. She frigidly replied: “If we don’t have enough ingredients, then we’ll buy some more. These dishes are what the guests want to eat. Just prepare the dishes, money is not a problem.”

The chef couldn’t retort in the face of money. In the end, he could only sigh: “So lavish.”

He YiJun didn’t want to talk to him anymore and coldly turned away. As she did so, she saw Chen ShiYi and Shao SiJia enter the kitchen.

He YiJun’s expression immediately transformed. She approached the two women and enthusiastically said: “Sister ShiYi, why did you come here? There’s a lot of oil and smoke in the kitchen, ah. You’d better sit in the hall instead.”

Chen ShiYi waved a hand and replied: “I would rather smell the oil and smoke than listen to Old Zheng talk about his tea collection.”

He YiJun covered her smile as she heard her words. “Don’t say that. Just because you dislike it doesn’t mean his hobby has no merit. So many other people would pay great amounts of money just to have the chance to talk tea with him..it’s just that he’s often too lazy to do so.”

Chen ShiYi shook her head. “Too lazy? No, its because he’s not stupid. Old Zheng knows that those people don’t actually have any interest in his hobbies. Instead, they want to get favors off of him.”

He YiJun replied: “That’s true. In the end, those people aren’t one of us. How can Old Zheng trust outsiders?”

Chen ShiYi sighed then sadly replied: “But I’m now an outsider. Why do I still have to listen to him talk!”

After a pause, Chen ShiYi continued with an indignant tone: “And even worse, he didn’t even spare YaZhi! He refuses to let him go.”

Shao SiJia chimed in and ridiculed: “Why do I get the feeling that it was my own dad that didn’t want to let Mr. Zheng go.”

In Shao SiJia’s point of view, it was Lin YaZhi who kept bothering Zheng BuLu and kept egging the man on. It was Zheng BuLu who was trying to satisfy Lin YaZhi, ah.

Chen ShiYi became silent for a while. Suddenly feeling worried, she said: “Don’t tell me…is YaZhi going to become another Zheng BuLu?”

When He YiJun heard Chen ShiYi’s words, she became sullen. She hated Chen ShiYi the most. Chen ShiYi easily obtained something others could only dream of, but she didn’t cherish it at all. He YiJun really wanted to shout at Chen ShiYi, but she valiantly left her smile on her face. “Sister ShiYi, Old Zheng might be a little unruly, but how can you be considered an outsider? Even if you’ve divorced Old Zheng, you will always be PingQing’s mother, right?”

At the mention of Zheng PingQing, Chen ShiYi immediately discarded any thought of Zheng BuLu. With a joyful expression in her face, she said: “Well, you say that, but I did fail as a mother all those years ago. Fortunately, PingQing doesn’t blame me…”

He YiJun’s heart thumped, and she fumbled with the plate she had been holding. After calming down, she casually said: “Speaking of which, I’ve been trying to mend the relationship between Old Zheng and PingQing these past two years, and thankfully, PingQing finally opened up. I was quite relieved….”