Chapter 66 - The Villain Wants to Hide

Zheng BuLu scolded He Fei then let out a light cough. He stiffly turned towards his son and started: “PingQing….”

Zheng BuLu was beginning to feel a little fidgety. He wasn’t the talkative type, and he was used to getting praise in the business field. It was hard for him to know what to do, especially in this room full of mostly strangers. Zheng BuLu didn’t know what to say.

He YiJun shrunk her head and didn’t dare speak up in case she ended up getting scolded like her brother. She kept thinking of ways to salvage the situation to save face in front of Zheng BuLu. Before, whenever Zheng BuLu had trouble with Zheng PingQing, it would always be her who acted as the peacemaker between the father and son pair.

He YiJun put on a gentle smile, then said in a soft voice: “PingQing, this is just a misunderstanding. Old Zheng is just concerned about you. He doesn’t really want to drive your friends away; it was just some casual family chatting, no big deal.”

According to Zheng PingQing’s character, in this situation, he would either keep silent or ruthlessly expose the obvious lie. If he did pursue the matter, he would challenge his father, escalate things into a fight, and then finally, they would part in bad terms.

He YiJun pursed her lips to stop herself from smiling. She was quiet as she waited for Zheng PingQing to respond. No matter his response, she had rich experience in dealing with either situation.

Zheng BuLu also looked towards his son nervously. It was common for them to quarrel with each other. He was certainly clear about Zheng PingQing’s character.

If his son starts a fight in front of all these people, Zheng BuLu was afraid that the situation will go out of control.

Zheng BuLu felt a headache coming on.

Zheng PingQing looked at HeYiJun, then at Zheng BuLu. His expression was indifferent, and no one could tell what he was thinking.He YiJun almost sighed in relief. It seems that the matter was considered over for Zheng PingQing. She’ll talk to Zheng BuLu later and try to persuade him when they’re alone.

However, just as she was about to lift the stone pushing down on her heart, she saw Zheng PingQing’s face darken. He didn’t look angry like she had expected. Instead, he looked wronged and hurt.“I know-” Zheng PingQing’s mouth flattened. “That you don’t see me as a good person.”He YiJun: “…….??” Was she hearing things??? This kind of self-deprecating words shouldn’t exist in Zheng PingQing’s vocabulary, ah?

She subconsciously peeked to the side to gauge Zheng BuLu’s reaction, only to find that his expression had already turned bad.

“Forget it.” As if he had been abandoned, Zheng PingQing didn’t try to defend himself anymore. Instead, he looked at He YiJun with a deep gaze.

He YiJun: “….” Wait, why is he suddenly looking at her? What does that look mean?

Zheng PingQing slowly spat out his final sentence: “You love saying that you care about me, that you’re always thinking about my well-being, but when all is said and done…I’m not going to insist that you understand my views.”

For the very first time since she met Zheng PingQing, He YiJun, who had been Zheng BuLu’s respected secretary for more than ten years, could not look at Zheng PingQing in the eye.

His words were too punishing to her heart.

Especially the phrase ‘when all is said and done…’. Zheng PingQing didn’t finish his sentence, but everyone could obviously tell what he had wanted to say.

He YiJun had schemed for so many years- quietly alienating Chen ShiYi from her son, taking good care of Zheng PingQing so that he and Zheng BuLu would recognize her as a ‘mother.’