Chapter 77 - A Big Shot's Speech

Holidays for senior high school students are always compressed as much as possible. So as soon as the seventh day of New Year passed, the seniors of No.12 High School were back to their tutoring lessons.

However, this year, the atmosphere in the senior classes was obviously quite different. Both students and teachers had ruddy cheeks and smiles on their faces. Although they couldn’t completely get rid of the tension brought by the college entrance exams, everyone’s emotional state was much better compared to those from previous years.

And the reason for this was simple. Last semester, most of the seniors had made remarkable progress in their grades. So much so, that in the final city-wide exam, No.12 High School got a higher grade point average than No.1 High School. It rocked the city’s education community and caused several teachers to doubt the results.

It was natural for the teachers of No.1 High School to be confused when they saw the scores. They had been the undisputed champion of the city-wide exams for several years already. It was hard to believe that their students were only middling in the rankings, while students of the ordinary No.12 High School were ranking higher. The teachers in No.1 High School immediately asked for a recheck, with some even wondering if No.12 High School released the questions to their students ahead of time.

Although such suspicions were a bit petty, it also had some merit. No.12 High School’s sudden rise was surprising enough, but the grades of their two bottom classes were just too eye-catching.

Teachers with many years’ experience knew just how difficult it was to improve the performance of their backward classes. Sometimes, it was even more difficult than raising the scores of top students. At least they had the foundation laid in their study habits. But somehow, No.12 High School managed to raise the average scores of their bottom classes to unprecedented heights.

How can this not be suspicious!

So under the strong insistence of several teachers and leaders from No.1 High School, the city actually rechecked No.12 High School’s results. However, the results were clear: There was no mistake in the scores. Their investigation even brought two star players out into the limelight.

It was also impossible for No.12 High School to have released the test questions early. The exam papers were uniformly issued by the city to all the schools on the day of the exam. What’s more, Rong City had just finished a thorough investigation of their Education Bureau. People like Huo PingChuan and the former leader of the Education Bureau had been caught and were under heavy inquiry. Anyone with a brain cell could understand that right now, they should be laying low instead of taking such risky moves like selling exam questions.

The only explanation left was that No.12 High School made rapid progress last semester and surpassed No.1 High School solely through their own strength. The took the throne from the champions and became the new top school of Rong City.

And because super genius Ke MuZi, a student of No.1 High School, was accepted to his first-choice university without needing to take the college entrance exams, he decided to forgo the city-wide exam too. Therefore, the top student in the entire city also ended up being Lin Qian, a student of No. 12 High School.

No.12 High School became wildly famous, seemingly overnight.

Parents of senior high school students were always sensitive to their children’s results. After the shocking twist in the city-wide exam, there was a sudden spike in parents trying to transfer their children to No. 12 High School. Most of them had children in the under-achieving classes. Because of this, the education sector of Rong City had gone through a little turbulence immediately after the New Year holidays.