Chapter 38 - The Transformation of Black Sheep

In a certain shared office for some teachers of No.12 High School, there was a sense of dissatisfaction towards the teachers of the senior grade. Or, more specifically, towards the teachers of Class 8.

Most teachers in No.12 taught two classes, and the same group of teachers usually taught Class 7 and Class 8. Therefore, these teachers assigned to these two classes were typically recognized as the unluckiest teachers in the entire grade. Taking the two most lethal classes in their year, these teachers don’t even bother trying to raise the rate of enrollment, or aim for the merit evaluation prizes. Instead, they just hope to stay healthy and try to survive until the students graduate. Successfully avoiding any sort of heart disease would already be considered a victory.

Nobody in their wildest dreams expected the sudden turn that happened this year. The school’s most famous troublemakers in Class 8 told student representative Lin Qian that they wanted to learn from him. And amazingly, Lin Qian was kind enough to personally sign a contract and agree to tutor them. Class 8 then became the most diligent underachieving class in the school’s entire history.

The teachers of Class 8 were so happy and excited that their enthusiasm caused panic amongst the teachers in the other classes, starting a wave of strict teaching in the entire grade.

But this was just the beginning. Before long, the teachers of Class 8 proudly announced to the other teachers that because of Class 8’s behavior, the studies of Class 7 began to improve too. And like Class 8, this sudden change was also led by the notorious gangsters in their class.

What was even more stupefying was the fact that the hooligans on Class 8 were now often seen giving the punks in Class 7 remedial lessons!

The teachers in other classes: ?????

Was this some sort of disease spreading amongst the underachievers?

No, this wasn’t the troublesome classes they knew! They aren’t familiar with these little hooligans!

However, the reason for the dissatisfaction wasn’t because these formerly poor students were now changing for the better. It was because the teachers in Class 7 and Class 8 were too noisy!

It’s true that even if the style of teaching changes, the gap between the results of Class 7 and Class 8 and the grades of other classes was too huge. Just the fact that these originally irredeemable students were now willing to study was already the biggest achievement one could hope for.

The shared teachers’ office nowadays was filled with the happy voices of Class 7 and Class 8 teachers. They would gather into groups and talk about a student’s recent improvements, which student changed for the better, which student asked a question in class. It would be a constant chatter of homework completion rates all day long!

Yes, in order for better analysis, the homeroom teachers of both classes unscrupulously invented something called the ‘homework completion rate.’ From a recent inspection of Class 8, this random statistic pronounced that the completion rate of the latest math homework reached 100%. This made Bai YanZhu extremely proud.

So proud, in fact, that Bai YanZhu used his own money to buy everyone in the office some afternoon tea.

However, this didn’t cultivate any goodwill from the other teachers. Because during the afternoon tea, Bai YanZhu and the homeroom teacher of Class 7 took a crazy amount of selfies and typed a bunch of tweets, seriously disrupting the tranquil office atmosphere.

The other teachers who had gotten tinnitus finally couldn’t take it and shut the two people in a small dark closet for an hour. It barely calmed them down, but at least it brought back the tranquil atmosphere in the office.