Chapter 59 - Shao SiJia

Chen ShiYi could hear Zheng PingQing busy himself in the kitchen. From time to time, she could also hear Lin Qian’s voice, and although Zheng PingQing spouted some threatening words towards Lin Qian, Chen ShiYi could tell they were just teasing.

But a terrified Chen ShiYi didn’t dare assume that they actually got along with each other.

Chen ShiYi clearly remembered that time during summer vacation when Zheng PingQing abruptly flipped a table over. She got so scared; she almost had a heart attack! Chen ShiYi never imagined that the two would suddenly become friends after just one semester.

Young people nowadays are so unpredictable, ah!

“Teacher Lin-” Zhang PingQing came out of the kitchen with a knife in his hand, shouting for Lin YaZhi. But then, he went silent.

He saw Lin YaZhi sitting on the rug, dismantling the house model he had given to Lin Qian. He looked just like those brats who destroy the hand-made decorations you see when you visit relatives during the new year’s, commonly known as bear children.

As soon as Lin YaZhi noticed Zheng PingQing’s gaze, he straightened his back. “I’ll put it back later.”

Then Lin YaZhi said: “Also, don’t call me teacher at home. Call me uncle.”

Zheng PingQing readily followed his request. “Uncle Lin, do you have any Sichuan pepper oil at home?”

Lin YaZhi tilted his head. “What’s pepper oil?”

Zheng PingQing wasn’t the least bit surprised by his answer. “I shouldn’t have expected you to know. I’ll go downstairs and buy some.”

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Lin YaZhi was puzzled. “Ah? Who could that be?”

Since Zheng PingQing was standing closest to the front door, he went to open it.

On the other side of the door stood a tall girl. She was delicate a pretty, and had somewhat similar looks to Lin Qian, thought she looked a lot more severe. Her long hair was tied up into a braid, and coupled with her tall height, she looked oppressive. While pulling a pink suitcase with one hand, she pressed the doorbell again with the other. Impatience on her face, she said: “It’s broad daylight, why did you open the door with the chain lock still on? Are you afraid some thief will ring the doorbell and drop by for a visit?”

But when she finally saw the door fully open, she saw someone she had never expected to see. It was a boy with deep features and tall stature. Someone she recognized, but who she was barely familiar with.

It was her brother’s nemesis.

It was someone who often made trouble in Lin YaZhi’s class.

And this person was now in her home, holding a kitchen knife.

Shao SiJia: !!!!!! Fuck! A knife attack?!

“Zheng PingQing, you’ve got guts, coming into my home to kill!” Shao SiJia’s eyes widened, and in an instant, she raised her leg and kicked. With an astonishing momentum, she aimed her kick towards Zheng PingQing’s chest. “Let me put an end to your dog life today!”

Zheng PingQing had never anticipated an attack as soon as he opened the door. He hadn’t even opened his mouth yet, but he was already about to be murdered. Very much alarmed, Zheng PingQing moved back and shouted: “Big Sister, calm down!”

But Shao SiJia’s brain had already conjured up a dog-blood plot with her brother as the victim. Furious, she disregarded Zheng PingQing’s words and yelled: “Calling me big sister, or even mother, is useless! Whoever bullies my brother will die-”