Chapter 54 - Huo PingChuan is Offline

Huo PingChuan was stunned. He never thought things would end up like this. He repeatedly reviewed the whole process of the satisfaction survey in his heart and couldn’t think of any mistakes. And even if someone did find a problem with the scores, how could anyone prove that he had something to do with it?

With that thought, Huo PingChuan calmed down a little. He said: “Then I’d like to ask, what evidence do you have?”

Principal Qiu looked around the office. Although the other teachers didn’t say anything, it was obvious that they were all curious about this. Principal Qiu thought for a moment, then said: “Let’s talk in my office.”

The actual truth wasn’t clear. Honestly, the matter should’ve been kept from all the teachers, but now it was said in front of so many people. But Huo PingChuan was trying to avoid any suspicion of guilt right now. If he agreed to talk behind closed doors, it would look bad. In order to appear innocent and fearless, Huo PingChuan decided not to take a single step forward. With his voice calm, he said: “Just say it here. Let the teachers judge the situation for themselves. This is related to all of us, so let’s not hide this matter and make everyone lose faith in our school.”

Hearing this, Principal Qiu no longer insisted and said: “Student Zheng told me that they privately counted the survey scores from Class 7 and Class 8. They found their results….to be very different from the scores officially published.”

Principal Qiu glanced at Bai YanZhu and deliberately raised his voice to say: “Based on the calculations Student Zheng gave me, Teacher Bai’s score should’ve been the highest compared to the other teachers of these two classes. This is very different from the published score.”

Bai YanZhu was stunned when he heard those words. The sadness caused by the apparent lack of emotional response from his students had not yet disappeared. So when he heard this sudden turnaround, he was unable to respond. Bai YanZhu could only look at Zheng PingQing dazedly.

“Teacher Bai, we all love you, ah.” Zheng PingQing said with a chuckle.

Zheng PingQing’s words were the law in Class 8. So hearing this from Zheng PingQing was more effective than any other teacher. The uncertainty in Bai YanZhu’s heart finally disappeared and was instead filled with warmth.

Then, Bai YanZhu looked at Huo PingChuan with eyes filled with doubt. He was now quite angry with the apparently ‘carefully calculated’ official scores.

Huo PingChuan, who was definitely not angry, snapped: “Nonsense! This is an anonymous survey, how can students count the scores in private? Their calculations are interfering with the evaluation, which is against school rules!”

Zheng PingQing made an expression of shock. He smacked his thigh and said to Huo PingChuan: “Vice-Principal Huo, your ability to change the subject is truly amazing. With that kind of skill, you’ve done this kind of smooth-talking before, haven’t you?”

Lin YaZhi answered for him: “Yes, his ability to shirk responsibility is first-class.”

Huo PingChuan’s hands shook with rage. “Did I say anything wrong?”

He looked at Principal Qiu. “Principal Qiu, don’t you think the same? The first requirement of an anonymous evaluation is that no person can interfere with the results. But Student Zheng had dared to do this, isn’t he being totally lawless?”

Zheng PingQing was really amused. After watching Huo PingChuan’s performance, he calmly said: “First of all, I didn’t interfere with anything. we just wanted to practice our calculation skills…”

Feeling as if Zheng PingQing was insulting his intelligence, Huo PingChuan asked: “Do you think everyone here is a fool? Who would believe that clumsy excuse?”