Chapter 78 - Cohabitation

The festive atmosphere of the New Year’s hadn’t wholly dissipated from people’s minds yet. However, just as students have to go back to school, adults also have to go back to their jobs and struggle for their livelihoods.

Chen ShiYi could be considered the most reluctant to leave her family. The taxing nature of her work meant that she wouldn’t see her family for several months, at least.

Now that certain things have come to light, she was doubly anxious about leaving them.

So the night before she had to leave for work, she took advantage of Lin YaZhi’s absence and asked Lin Qian to talk to him alone.

These days, she got along well with Lin YaZhi’s children. In fact, some would say that this newly formed Lin family was quite harmonious now. But in the end, Lin Qian wasn’t her biological child. Now that she knew certain things about Lin Qian and her son, Chen ShiYi couldn’t help but be a little uncomfortable whenever she sees Lin Qian.

However, in contrast to this, Lin Qian’s posture was quite loose as he faced Chen ShiYi. He even took the lead and said: “Auntie, just say what you need to say. I won’t make things awkward for you.”

Chen ShiYi’s heart was quite conflicted. She hadn’t gotten along with him before and had always thought that Lin Qian had a bad temper. But after living together for some time, she found Lin Qian to be far more mature and stable than she had previously thought. Throughout the holidays, Chen ShiYi would catch herself thinking that some adults couldn’t even compare to Lin Qian’s calm and reliable aura.

It was as that mischievous Zheng PingQing said: What family wouldn’t want such an excellent boy for their daughter?

Unfortunately, she gave birth to a son…no, a headache of a son.

“Well…..” Chen ShiYi hesitated for a long time, then said: “Old Zheng asked me about the college entrance exams two days ago. You know that PingQing lives alone, and with everyone going back to work, there won’t be anyone in Rong City who can properly take care of him. So Old Zheng figured that PingQing could live here during this last semester. But you know that I rarely come home during the year, so it would be YaZhi who will have to care for him…”

The more Chen ShiYi said, the more complicated her mood got. Truthfully, she previously had the same idea and even asked Zheng PingQing about it. But ever since she found out about Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing’s relationship, this idea had been thrown out of her mind. But unexpectedly, Zheng BuLu had the same idea and took the initiative to ask her.

Zheng BuLu’s thought process was very straightforward. He believes the relationship between the two families was quite good. Also, Zheng PingQing was Chen ShiYi’s son and Lin YaZhi’s student. What’s more, not only does Zheng PingQing have a good relationship with Lin YaZhi, but he also got along exceedingly well with Lin YaZhi’s son. So wouldn’t it be perfect if his son lived with them while he was away at work?

However, those were only the parts he had told Chen ShiYi. What he didn’t tell her was that He YiJun’s provocations made him realize something. The absence of a parental figure may have far-reaching consequences on a child’s mental state that he hadn’t initially thought about.

Of course, Zheng BuLu had also mentioned several ways he could compensate the Lin family. Not with monetary compensation, but instead, by helping the Lin family solve some of their inconveniences in life. For example, Zheng BuLu could hire a housekeeper to help them with their daily cooking and housework. Such things would avoid making Lin YaZhi’s family uncomfortable with the situation.

It could be said that for the sake of his son, Zheng BuLu, the man who usually threw money at his problems, took the time and effort to properly think about this.