CHAPTER I: "Time flees, but love stays"

There were two main emotions Caroline felt in the moment, when she saw Klaus again: excitement, and confusion. And, the truth was, though she was quite shocked on why he was here, next to her, she was mostly happy to see him.. So much time has passed, since they last saw, or talked to each other. Since they last spent time together in New Orleans, when Klaus was giving her the tour, he once promised her to give.. Since they last said "goodbye" to each other, though not with words. And, seeing him now, all fine, and well was both a blessing, and a curse to Caroline, because she knew there must've been a reason she was seeing him again. And, for a second she did think to herself, that maybe it was all just a dream, and any second now she would wake up, realizing he was gone for real.. But, even if it would be, she was going to spend this given time to the fullest. So, the second she saw his charming smile again, not thinking much about it, she jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly – so tightly, like she didn't want to let him go.. And, it seemed like Caroline wasn't the only one, who missed their common-spent time together, because as soon as Caroline hugged Klaus, he did the same. And, they stayed in that hug for a couple of minutes, until Caroline moved away, and decided to speak up first..:

- Klaus, what.. How is it possible ?! – Caroline asked in confusion, unable to stop smiling at the sight of Klaus.

- Perhaps I could ask you the same, Caroline.. – Klaus answered, leaving Caroline with a questioning look on her face.

- Is it a dream, or.. ? – Caroline replied, not really thinking much about the meaning of his words.

- I'm afraid it's not, love. Do you know where you are.. ? – Klaus asked with some kind of brutal seriousness in his eyes.

- Well, yeah.. We're in Mystic Falls. The only thing I should be wondering about is how this is possible.. Have I really fallen so down, that now I'm seeing ghosts, now ? Or maybe it's the drinking talking.. – Caroline said, questioning her common sense.

- Caroline, listen to me.. I do not know what happened to you, but this is not the place you take it for. We're in Limbo, which means you're.. – Klaus looked at Caroline with both a worrying, and carrying gaze.

- Wait.. You're joking, right ? There's no way I'm.. No, that's not possible – Caroline started mumbling, trying to remember what happened.

- I wish this was just your dream, but.. Look around, Caroline. There must be at least few people you recognize, and are long gone.. – Klaus pointed at the crowds in the bar, and following his words, she started looking around.

- Oh my God.. So, I'm really.. I.. – Caroline looked at Klaus, looking for something comforting from his side.

- There must be an explanation on how you've got 'ere. Do you remember what happened.. ? – Klaus asked, trying to look for something, that would help them figure out the truth.

- I.. Not so long ago, I woke up at the Town Square, but.. I'm not sure what led me to being there. Being here.. I don't.. I don't know – Caroline answered, holding hands on her head, furious, that she wasn't able to tell what happened to her.

- Okay, okay.. Let's take it slow. You don't have to try to remember, now.. We will figure something out. I promise you, that I will do anything in my power to help you.. – Klaus put his hand on Caroline's, wanting to somehow ease her sadness.

- Thank you.. I guess your charm's still there, after so much time. Or, does time pass differently for you.. ? If it does, how long have you been here ? – Caroline smiled warmly to Klaus, believing each, and one of his words.

- It's definitely still there, love. And, enough time has passed for me to understand how plain my life was before, without being close to important for me people.. Speaking of which, how is Hope doing.. ? I hope she hasn't given you any trouble.. – Klaus replied, trying to somehow change the topic to a softer one.