EPILOGUE

It was perhaps the last time, that Caroline, and Klaus would get to see each other. The next time, that they'd have to say 'goodbye' to one another.. With both of them, despite the obvious need to, not wanting to leave the other. There was just something excruciating, regarding each, and one 'goodbye', that had to be said, no matter, if it was shared between friends, enemies, or lovers.. Each time, it just hurt the same. But, Caroline knew, that, in order to fully move on from what happened here, on the Other Side, she had to fully let Klaus go.. Let him go, like she once did, back, when things used to seem simple. Let him go again, in order to forget, and not think about him again, just to live normally.. But, despite the fact, that Caroline knew it was necessary, there was some part of her, that hated having to do this. To separate from someone she truly cared for, and liked, and go back to someone she didn't.. To have to live without him, by her side. But, there was nothing she could've done to stay here, with him, or delay her departure to the Real World.. Nothing. So, Caroline decided to use this, perhaps, last time, and moment, she'd ever get to talk to him again, and speak her truth.. But, before she could do that, she'd have to test the grounds:

- Excuse me.. Is this seat taken ? – Caroline tried to channel her inner British self.

- No, actually it's very much available. So, go on.. – Klaus turned to face her on his seat, and smiled, knowing well, where it was going.

- So.. What are you having ? – Caroline responded, seeing a filled glass in his hand.

- Something, which hopefully will make me forget that blue guy. Which, should be simple, since he is not our problem anymore.. Should probably congratulate you, Caroline – Klaus replied, which shocked Caroline.

- Congratulate me.. ? For what ? I didn't do anything.. – Caroline asked, curiously.

- Are you kidding me.. ? You helped a lot. A ton, if I must be precise.. But, that shouldn't surprise me. You were always like that.. – Klaus smiled slightly to Caroline.

- I think I should be asking that question. I barely touched the surface of this entire rebellion.. You, on the other hand.. Did a great job helping with locking up Zied. Me, on the other hand.. ? I just sat there, on the ground, and wept like a baby.. – Caroline answered, not proud of herself, knowing the truth.

- Zied hurt your best friend, Caroline. No one blames you for showing your emotions there.. Besides, I think it was a normal reaction, regarding such circumstances.. Anyone else, in your position, would've reacted the same, I assure you. Especially, since Frederick acted in a noble way, protecting you like that.. – Klaus tried to cheer Caroline up.

- Yeah, he did.. But, you are one heck of a liar, Klaus. Anyone else.. ? Even you ? I find it hard to believe.. – Caroline chuckled a little, not wanting to explore Frederick's subject anymore.

- Well, that's because I'm an exception. You know me.. It's a tough way to my softer side – Klaus replied, sipping from his glass.

- I didn't find it that tough.. – Caroline said, which made Klaus cut his drinking short.

- That's.. Because, I let you explore that softer side, love – Klaus looked Caroline deeply in her eyes.

- Mhm.. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.. By the way, there's this.. One thing, that keeps bugging me, and.. You might have the answer to that question, that keeps popping in my head – Caroline changed the subject again, feeling overwhelmed with Klaus's gaze on her.

- Which is.. ? – Klaus asked, curiously.

- When Zied made one of us choose, who would take Jenna's place.. How is it exactly, that you did not turn into a big bad wolf after all, huh ? How is it, that.. You did not turn your humanity off, as Zied tried to make you do.. ? – Caroline responded, wanting to know the answer.