CHAPTER VI: "Never stress over what you can't control"

It wasn't like acting impulsive was one of Caroline's traits, but when the stakes were so high, and tension in the air was reaching the biggest number, she just couldn't stand there, and continue listening to Zied's threats, and generally to his words of false wisdom. And, that was exactly what lead to Caroline breaking his neck, having enough of his blackmails towards her, and his own people.. Maybe, if she hadn't listened to her heart, and given into her heightened emotions, Zied would still stand on his two legs, and would eventually tell Caroline, and Klaus, where Jenna was, saving them hopeless hours of searching for her, but it was far too late for thinking like that. What was done, was done, and Caroline couldn't take that back.. Besides, it wasn't like Zied wouldn't wake up.. Right ? Because, that was the biggest, and loudest question, that appeared in Caroline's, but also Klaus's head, after her doing.. Could someone die twice, while being on the Other Side ? No one knew that, and that's why it was stressing Caroline so much.. The inability to tell what was going to happen next. But, one was sure – whatever her, and Klaus's decision now would be, they had the crowd's attention.. And, the moment for regret, would surely come later like a boomerang:

- There's.. No need to be aggressive. Let's.. Let's take it easy, shall we ? – someone from the crowd proposed, not wanting anyone else to get hurt.

- Just like the normal conversations work.. Exactly what we hope for – Klaus answered, putting his hand on Caroline's shoulder, as she was still staring at Zied's body on the ground.

- Great. Then we have some thread of understanding.. What do you want ? – another person, this time a vampire, added.

- First of all, where is our friend.. ? Where are you keeping her ? – Caroline finally spoke out loud, but still had some kind of hurt inside of her eyes, that was thankfully only visible to Klaus, as he was standing close to her.

- You mean that newbie vampire ? Jeanine, Jennet, or whatever her name was.. ? – the woman replied, quite more aggressively than before, as having none of what was going on.

- Jenna.. Just give her back, and we'll be settled – Caroline answered, staring into woman's eyes, waiting impatiently for an answer.

- And, what exactly makes you think we're going to betray Zied, and help you out.. ? There's nothing in it for us. Do you sincerely expect us to help you for free.. ? No, I don't think so. Guess you're not in this place for long, but things don't go so smoothly like that.. Nothing is priceless. Not even in this world.. – the woman kept her tone of voice of anger, and hearable annoyance.

- Alright, then.. What do you want ? – Caroline looked at all the people around them.

- What everyone wants, darling. Freedom.. – a man stepped out of the crowd, with his hands lifted up in the air.

- Regretting the deal you've made, then.. It's not really one of our concerns, that you're stuck now.. Should've read the pages attentively – Klaus chuckled a little, not wanting to give the crowd power.

- Then, why are you still following his lead ? If, freedom is what you mostly desire, then why is it, that you stick by his side.. ? – Caroline questioned the thing, the crowd wanted.

- Do you really think we have a choice, or that we want to stick by his side ? If, we don't do what he tells us to do, we will have to face major consequences of not fulfilling our part of the deal.. And, the only way to gain freedom is by being Zied's pet. Only he can free us from the deal, if he only wishes so.. – the woman explained, with some kind of sadness in her voice.

- You know, that it's not the only way to free yourself from that deal, right.. ? There is one, other way. I actually helped one of you travel to Peace, not so long ago.. Skylar – Caroline said, not really understanding the type of thinking, the crowd seemed to share.