TWENTY-FOUR

Chan's mind was still reeling from this new information. Jae, a traitor? He never thought he'd see the day where his very own brother was on side with the most lethal and influential gang in all of South Korea.

Chan held a now semi-conscious Felix in his arms, the younger's eyes opening every few moments as they wandered through the forest that hid G-Dragon's hideout, Kihyun at his side watching every little movement Felix made. The boy seemed confused, almost childlike in this situation and Chan became increasingly aware of how young Felix actually was; only 20 years old, but with the maturity of someone twice his age because he had to grow up too fast.

Chan swore as he stumbled over a stray branch, almost falling face first into the dirt ground. He would have if it wasn't for Kihyun who quickly pulled him back. Chan kept walking, more focused on getting the fuck out of there now more than ever. Who knows; maybe GD would turn around and start hunting them down with Jae at his side.

Jae.

"Fucking traitor" Jeongin spat, suddenly coming up to the other side of Chan.

Chan could hear the pain in the younger's voice. Jeongin never admitted it, but he was quite close with Jae. He leaned on Jae and Chan in his darkest moments, and now to discover one of them had been a traitor this whole time? It was devastating. The ground was crumbling beneath them. Chan felt his eyes sting with the sensation of tears, and as much as he tried to keep them in, one lone tear slid down his cheek.

This new information changed the course of everything. Chan glanced down at Felix, who was now a little more conscious than he was earlier, and he stared right back. It was only a short moment, but in that moment, Chan felt the electricity between them. Maybe Chan was a traitor in his own right, too. He did also align himself with the enemy, and maybe he could subconsciously admit there were feelings between himself and Felix that he was currently refusing to ever admit.

Chan went back to paying attention to his surroundings, but Felix continued to stare up at Chan, blinking slowly. Kihyun is fully aware that Felix is staring at Chan, and he can't help the amused smile that make its way onto his lips.

'You're being too obvious Felix' Kihyun thinks to himself, a quiet sigh escaping him.

Felix was more confused than anything else. Why was Chan carrying him? And why was there no longer that disgusting smell of blood invading his nose anymore? He tears his eyes away from Chan, trying to take in his surroundings. They were in a forest, that much he could understand, but why? Unless...

He bends his head back a little, and Kihyun glances down to smile at the boy. Felix, although his vision is still a bit fuzzy, recognises Kihyun's face almost immediately, and he finds himself smiling back.

"Hey there buddy, Welcome back to the land of the living" Kihyun jokes quietly.

Chan tries to not pay too much attention, but it was weird seeing Kihyun be so...soft with Felix, considering their pasts and personalities.

Felix glances back up at Chan, humming softly. He wouldn't speak, his throat was too raw from crying out during the torture. He felt his body tense up, his mind finally processing the fact that he'd been captured by G-Dragon again, and tortured. His heart is beating erratically in his chest when he comes to the realization, and all of a sudden, his brain is invaded with memories of the first time it happened.

He tries to keep his expression calm, but there's something in his eyes that makes even Chan's heart sink when the older glances back down to look at Felix. In those dark brown eyes, he sees pure unfiltered fear, and he stops walking.

"Felix, what's-" Chan goes to speak, but the wind is knocked out of him when Felix is suddenly hugging him, the younger's arms around his neck.

Chan knows a panic attack when he sees one, and Felix is most definitely spiralling into one. He makes an attempt to calm the boy down, rubbing his back gently. In the back of his mind, a voice is yelling at him to stop comforting your fucking enemy, but another voice is sneering at him.

'You like him. You fucking like him' the voice says.

Felix is shaking against him, being overwhelmed by memories he spent several years burying in the deep recesses of his mind. Chan is then suddenly reminded of the fact that Felix has been captured by GD before, and he slowly realises why Felix is acting like this. His memories of that first time have been triggered.

"You're safe" Chan mutters, "you're safe now"

Chan silently vows to murder G-Dragon, and Jae if it comes down to it. But first, they have the Bangtan Boys to deal with first. He'll slaughter them one by one-

"Why did you save me?" Chan is snapped out of his murderous thoughts by Felix asking him that question.

His voice is small, but rough considering all the screaming he must have done due to GD's torture.

Unfortunately, Chan doesn't have an answer for that. At least, not yet he doesn't. So, he opts for just holding onto Felix a little tighter, and Felix responds in kind. In his mind, however, he's already discarding his original plan of destroying Chan and his gang. In its place, another plan is forming, one that no one but himself will know about.

So strike me down

Take me away

Debts are due, it's time to pay

Face what I deserve

Here comes judgement day...

Uhm, angsty shit incoming I guess...

Also, those lyrics at the very ed is from a song called Judgement Day by Stealth. I was listening to a Vegas Theerapunyakul inspired playlist of 3 songs and that song came on first and I immediately added it to my MLS playlist XD It's a very MLS Felix-y song heh