THIRTY-SIX

Felix woke up first about half an hour later, his eyes blinking open slowly. Chan was still fast asleep, his face buried in Felix's chest and his arms wrapped around the younger. Felix must have moved onto his side at some point during his sleep, but at least he wasn't sleeping on his back. 

Felix hums softly, his arms slowly wrapping around Chan and hugging him impossibly closer, revelling in the warmth of the other man's body. It was colder in the evenings as it got closer to winter, and Felix always ran cold. 

The movement caused Chan to stir. He blinked his eyes open, humming. 

"You're squishing me" Chan spoke softly.

Felix only hummed in reply, loosening his grip somewhat.

"I didn't say I minded being squished" Chan muttered.

Felix scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Whatever"

In response, Chan bit one of Felix's nipples. Felix hissed, smacking Chan hard on the back.

"You're an animal"

"Mhm, your animal"

"That's gonna leave a mark, Chan"

As if to say 'I know and I don't care', Chan bites him again, harder this time. 

"Ow, fuck you" Felix hissed, hitting Chan's back enough for it to leave a bruise. 

Chan just laughs it off, a silence falling over them for a few moments.

"I worry about you" Chan whispers.

"Hm, and why is that?"

"Because you're insane and you never think about your own safety so someone has to"

"I could say the same about you, pretty boy"

Another silence, but this time it feels heavier. Felix shuffles a little, an uncomfortable feeling rising in his gut.

"I'm not gonna let you run into danger anymore"

Felix scoffs, "like you could actually stop me"

"I can, and I will. Like I said, you never worry about your own safety so someone has to and that someone is me"

"Okay, daddy"

Chan raises his head, "I'm fucking serious Felix. No more rushing into danger, at least not alone. I will be making sure someone is with you at all times."

Felix merely stares at him as Chan continued, his time softening, "I'm only going to do this because I care about you and I don't want you dying now that I actually have you"

Felix is rendered speechless. He would say something sarcastic if he didn't actually feel so incredibly loved in this small moment between them. 

Before Felix can even get a word out, Chan ambushes him with a whispered 'I love you' and a kiss to his chest right above his heart. 

Felix's mouth feels dry, and suddenly words don't even fucking matter anymore. Felix's brain has officially turned to mush, and he's afraid that if he opens his mouth to say something he'll make an embarrassing sound. 

"I'm going to be completely honest with you here" Chan releases a shaky breath, "and it's going to sound stupid, but even when we were enemies, I couldn't stand you not being around. Even now, the thought of you going away or dying makes me feel like I can't breathe. It makes my head fuzzy and it gives me fucking nightmares"

Felix can't reply to that, because his head still isn't entirely present, but he knows he feels the same. Knowing that G-Dragon or even Use could turn around and kill Chan with no warning scares him half to death. 

Even though he's struggling to form words in that moment, he can still say what he needs to with his actions. He shuffles so he's face to face with Chan, and the older swears he sees tears in Felix's eyes but he's momentarily distracted by the warm mouth that's moving against his in a kiss so gentle that it takes Chan by surprise. . 

Chan doesn't even realise he starts crying as well until he can taste the saltiness. He doesn't know who starts crying first, but he doesn't really care. It's clear they both feel the same feelings.

Felix is the one who breaks the kiss after a minute, resting their foreheads together and simply breathing each other's air. 

The moment is interrupted by someone banging on the door. Chan groans and rolls his eyes.

"What!?"

"The both of you need to get the fuck up right now" Kihyun nearly shouts back, "we have some bad news"

Chan and Felix share a look, wondering what the fuck has happened now...

Well well well, look who finally fucking updated after…nearly 4 months…fuck, okay, I didn't mean to leave it that long jeezus, but shit happened and shit kept happening and shit is still happening but a random ChanLix fanfic gave me inspiration so here ya go XD