TWENTY-EIGHT

Felix woke up first the next morning, the sunlight peeking through the almost closed blinds. The walls were a pale yellow with flowers painted on it. Badly painted flowers, that is. They were definitely painted by either small children or someone with no art ability at all.

His eyes took a long moment to get used to the dim light of the room, though once he did the first thing he became aware of was the body underneath him. At some point, he'd moved a significant amount in his sleep, and was now fully lying on top of Chan.

Felix blinked dumbly for a few seconds before memories of the day before flooded his mind. A tiny smile tugged at Felix's lips. Chan's body was surprisingly comfortable, so comfortable that Felix found himself snuggling further into Chan.

Chan moved around a little, feeling the weight on top of him shifting. He slowly blinked his eyes open, turning to look at the blinds. There was a remote to open the blinds further somewhere, but Chan figured he wouldn't be able to reach it with Felix lying on top of him.

At that thought, he absentmindedly wraps an arm around the naked figure on top of him, just resting it there. Felix hums contentedly, carefully shuffling up so he can nuzzle his face into Chan's neck. Both of them fell into a comfortable silence. Felix was on the edge of falling asleep again, whilst Chan was still staring at the blinds, lost in thought.

Unfortunately, unbidden memories of being told what Jae had done filtered into his head, and his anger at the situation spiked dangerously, further waking him up. Chan groaned in annoyance, hid free hand coming up and running down his face. The movement kept Felix half awake, but he said nothing, figuring talking would only frustrate Chan further.

Chan sat in his anger, letting it bubble and boil away, but the more he did, the angrier he got. He felt the need to smash something, or someone. His arm tightened around Felix, and at first it was comfortable, but then it became painful far too quickly.

"Chan, I can't breathe" Felix murmured quietly.

"Sorry" Chan murmured back, his arm lifting up off Felix, resting at his side.

Chan's eyes hadn't left the blinds. Felix blinked the sleep out of his eyes, shuffling up. He lifts a hand up and pokes Chan's cheek.

"Hey, look at me"

It takes a few seconds for Chan to turn his head, but when he does, he looks down at Felix. His heart stutters in his chest. Felix looks different somehow. There's a certain softness about him that Chan hopes he's the first to see. Soft wouldn't have been a word Chan would ever have associated with Felix before now.

"Jae?" Felix says the name in a questioning tone, and Chan simply nods.

"I can't believe...did you know?"

Felix sighs. "I suspected it at first, but it was confirmed only after I'd seen him with GD briefly about 3 years ago. There were a few instances where one of my allies or one of my gang members noticed Jae hanging out with someone who they thought was GD but they didn't think it was possible until it was confirmed by me. I had no idea they were actually a couple until a few days ago when you saved me"

Chan sighs, his anger getting to a breaking point. If he didn't calm down soon, Felix was in his line of fire and Chan knew he'd do something he'd regret.

Felix moves on top of him, being careful not to bend his back too much considering the skin was still sore and extremely tender. Eventually, Felix is straddling Chan's thighs. Chan sits up then, his hands moving up to squeeze Felix's hips.

"I have to change the bandages on my back" Felix murmurs, a cheeky little smirk on his lips, "you wanna help me with that?"

Chan hums in response, nodding his head once as his anger slowly simmered down. Felix slowly removes himself from Chan's thighs, hopping off the bed. He has the urge to stretch, but he knows that will hurt like a bitch so he refrains from doing so. He walks towards the bathroom that is attached to the room, Chan following behind him.

Felix turns the tap on, Chan standing directly behind him. Chan began removing the old bandage on his back. The bandage around his leg, however, wasn't to be removed just yet, considering how deep that wound was. It would have to heal more before Youngjae would give all clear.

Chan grabs the cloth from the sink after he removes the old bandage, gently dabbing the lukewarm water all over the wounds. Felix had scars mostly on his back from the severe beating he endured from G-Dragon. Seeing the wounds caused Chan's anger to spike again. Every hiss of pain he heard from Felix was like a stab to the chest. He hated this feeling, and he never wanted to feel it again.

Without giving any warning, after he'd wash each angry red laceration on Felix's back, he'd place a gentle kiss over each one, hoping it would distract Felix from the pain enough that he wouldn't complain too much anymore.

It worked.

For the several minutes Chan washed his back and changed the bandage, there were no complaints heard from Felix. When Chan was done, Felix turned around. Almost immediately, his eyes fell to the scar running diagonally across Chan's chest, the scar that Felix had put there a little over two years ago. Felix reaches out and places his hand over it.

"I was medically dead for 5 minutes. Not many people survive something like this, but I did" Chan murmured, "coming back from it though...something changed. I've tried to play it off and act like nothing's wrong but it's getting harder and harder to hide it. When I was a kid, I had insane anger issues, more so than your average anger. We got it under control with the meds, but dying and coming back has...thrown me out of whack"

Felix just nods, and a comfortable silence falls over them for a couple of minutes. Neither of them moved until Felix spoke.

"You're a lot like me"

Chan hummed in response as Felix removes his hand from the scar. They both exit the bathroom, Chan turning off the light as they go. They head back to the bed, sliding under the covers. Felix lies on his back, wincing in slight discomfort. Chan snuggles up beside him, an arm resting across his stomach. He's fast asleep in mere minutes, though Felix takes a little longer to fall back to sleep.

Chan's soft little snores indicate that he's fast asleep, and it's only then that Felix finally allows himself to close his eyes and try to get a decent amount of sleep.

Okay, there ya go, some fluff for you OwO

I will say that this chapter was going to end very differently but y'all are lucky I decided not to end it how I originally wanted to XD