Fourty

We're jumping straight to the aftermath of Shownu and Kihyun's death...

Felix felt numb. It was like the entire world faded out of existence and all he could focus on was the fact that two of the people he loved the most were laying dead in front of him. He didn't hear Chan telling him they had to go back inside, nor did he notice that Changbin and his group had arrived seemingly out of nowhere. He also didn't notice that Jisung was staring between him and the two dead bodies he was kneeling at.

It took him a second to recognise who it was, his heart sinking.

Chan growled out an order, telling Changbin to find GD and take him out before he kills anyone else.

Jisung goes to take off with them, but he feels compelled to hang back. He wanders over, but stops just a couple of metres away when Chan fixes him with a hard glare.

"Don't you fucking dare" Chan spat.

Jisung glares right back. "Don't what? All I was gonna do is help you with the bodies"

Chan scoffs, holding Felix closer in a protective manner.

"What, you want to bury them somewhere with unmarked graves or some shit because that's what you think they'd deserve?"

"Chan, I didn't even say anything-"

"You wanted to leave Felix for dead!"

Chan yelling right near him snapped Felix out of his stupor, and he looks up to see Jisung's face twisted in anger.

"You wished nothing but death and misery on Felix" Chan snapped, "yeah, he's done some pretty horrible things, but the one thing he hasn't done is kill innocent people, not on purpose anyway" Chan's tone softens then, though his glare is still present, "he's just lost two very important people to him. Do not make this any fucking worse than it already is"

Jisung notices Felix staring at him. He still feels, and looks like he's on another plain of existence. His eyes are vacant, though Jisung can still see tears falling. Jisung sighs through his nose, staring at Felix.

"What do you wanna do here Felix?" Jisung asks.

The question seems to bring Felix back to the present somewhat. He looks down at Kihyun and Shownu, and for a long while he says nothing and continues to stare at their bodies. As his brain really starts to process the situation, he goes from feeling vacant and sad, to angry.

Fury bubbles up in his gut, and his expression changes. When he looks back up at Jisung, the younger takes a couple of steps back.

This is the Felix that Jae was terrified of; the unfiltered psycho.

"I'll get my brother to work on burying Kihyun and Shownu" his voice is level, but the undertone is what scares both Jisung and Chan, "then, I'll have San call Yunho to see if they've found Hongjoong yet. Then...then we hunt GD and Jae down and fucking kill them both"

Chan and Jisung share a look.

"I'll go follow the others and see if we can find GD before he kills anyone else. You look after Felix and the rest of them"

"Sounds good to me" Chan replies, but he isn't even looking at Jisung anymore.

He's focused on Felix, on the way his face is twisted in anger, but his eyes are showing a pain that Chan can't even imagine.

Losing Kihyun and Shownu and having his best friend go missing all in one day? Even an already psychotic person would be driven further into insanity, and that is what has Chan worried. He knows how dangerous Felix can get when he's angry, but what about when he's completely lost it?

"Baby" Chan whispers, "I'm gonna go inside and get Donghun, and I'll help him dig a grave for them. After that, I'll have San call Yunho-"

"GUYS!" San calls out, and Chan whips his head around to see San running towards them.

He stops just behind them, obviously very much out of breath. "Okay, I have good news. Hongjoong's been found. He's a bit battered, but nothing's broken and there's no bullet wounds. I also got a call from Youngjae like, a minute later and he said that Seonghwa is awake. He's like, super out of it though"

Felix turns his head then, and San can see the relief in his eyes. San smiles widely, but it soon disappears when Felix's relieved expression takes a turn.

Felix feels tears burn his eyes, a lump in his throat. He tries to be happy about the good news that neither Hongjoong or Seonghwa are dead, but in front of him are the dead bodies of the men that basically raised him and taught him everything he knew.

Felix turns away from San, the older walking forward a little but stops when he hears soft sobs coming from Felix.

"San, go get Donghun to grab a couple of shovels. We need to bury them" Chan says it so quietly that San almost doesn't catch it, but he nods and runs back inside.

The moment San is gone, Felix releases a small whimper, before a guttural scream escapes him. All the pent-up rage and sadness exits his body in that scream. Chan winces at the volume, holding Felix tighter against him. Chan feels tears stinging at the corners of his eyes, grieving for the people he barely knew but he knows how much they loved and cared for Felix, so he grieves partly on Felix's behalf. 

Felix's scream soon dies down to full body shaking sobs, and he turns around in Chan's hold to hide his face in Chan's shoulder. Chan holds him the entire time, his own grief morphing into a rage that would rival the Devil himself.

He wants so bad to catch up to Jisung and help hunt those fuckers down, but he knows he needs to stay with Felix.

Without saying anything, Chan unwraps his arms from around Felix, his hands cupping Felix's head. He gently moves Felix's face away from his shoulder, the younger looking up at him. Chan's heart twists in his chest at the heartbroken look on his boyfriend's face. Chan leans forward and presses his lips against the scarred side of Felix's face.

"I promise they're gonna pay for this baby. I'm not gonna let them get away with Kihyun and Shownu's murder. I'm so sorry this happened to them...so sorry" Chan couldn't help but get emotional.

In some way, he understood. Shownu and Kihyun were like the parents Felix never had. They protected him and raised him and taught him everything they knew. It was very similar to how Jae taught him everything he knew and protected him from all the bad shit before he was part of the gang. Maybe, there was somewhere within Chan that was grieving his own brother, or at the very least the brother he thought he knew. 

It's then that Donghun walks out, holding two shovels.

"They brought Hongjoong back" Donghun says, "he's inside and resting on the couch. Seonghwa is too out of it so we're gonna wait to visit him, and I assume the others went after GD"

Chan turns his head, nodding. "Yeah"

"Right. I'll get started on the grave. You two go inside"

"We can stay-"

"Nah, I think you'll want to go inside" Donghun smirks.

Chan raises an eyebrow.

"And why is that?"

"Because they also brought Jae back with them"

Aaaaaand I'm gonna end it there. I did have something else planned, but I changed my mind heh OwO

Question: Favourite scene from a book, fanfiction or show?

My answer: Honestly, I have a lot of them and I tend to cycle through each, but I'm gonna say two that are both from shows. The hospital scene in the last episode of KinnPorsche with Vegas and Pete sharing a very emotional moment (if you know, you know XD) and, more recently, the scene from Heartstopper season 2 where Nick and Charlie have a sweet little kiss moment before heading over to Tara's party OwO As you can see, my favourite moments are mostly between gay characters. Sue me, idc