1.1 World #0193: My Childhood Friend is The Cold Entertainment President

A loud snore was sounded in the seat next to him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around to assess the current situation. A sigh of relief was heard. It was a peaceful transfer this time it seemed.

He was sitting at the window seat in the airplane economy seat. Outside was full of white clouds with the bright blue sky, an extremely peaceful sight.

SNORE~~

... Until the snore next to him disrupted his admiration. He coldly looked over at the man sleeping soundly next to him and snorted at the sight of the open mouth and half-open eyes. He quickly turned his head back to look out and checked this world's task.

This world seemed peaceful enough. It was just a story of a poor actress who worked her way up to be on top of the entertainment circle, she obtained both work and love. Her name was Sun Xia and through a chance encounter, her life changed forever.

Sun Xia was a poor girl and always dreamt of being an actress standing on top of the entertainment world. However, she did not have enough connections and a good agent to find work for her. One day, she finally got the chance to audition for an extremely anticipated series in the country. Unfortunately, she lost her role to an actress with the backing of an investor. Life was so unfair to her because she only had herself to depend on. Feeling dejected, she decided to get drowned in alcohol to wash away her sorrow and misery.

This became the turning point of her life as she almost got into a car accident when she drunkenly tried to cross the road. The owner of the car was, fortunately, a responsible person that stepped out to help her. And who it could be if not the most powerful man in the entertainment industry, Ren Jian, the president of A country's top entertainment company. Reading this part made his eyes roll.

'Ah, it's the golden thigh.'

Sun Xia looked at her state and felt pity for herself. Failing an audition and almost got into an accident with an expensive car that she could not pay the compensation for the rest of her life. She cried and wept bitterly in front of Ren Jian who looked baffled at this development. Sun Xia then started complaining about she could never pay him because she could never get a movie role. How it was unfair for others who had connections could get the job but not for people like her. Ren Jian did not say a word but checked if she was injured or not. After making sure that she was not injured, he helped send her home and put his business card into her pocket.

After that, it was smooth sailing for Sun Xia as she acquired a contract with Ren Entertainment. She got into her first break-out role and became a promising asset to the company. She then began accompanying Ren Jian to meetings and parties to open up her connections. However, with support from such a promising bachelor, jealousy was bound to happen as people started sabotaging her left and right. Luckily, Ren Jian always passed by when such incidents occurred and it became a meet-cute between those two. Slowly, she became stronger and more independent where she would not stand to get pushed around by others again. It made a positive impact on Ren Jian. After she became the Film Empress, they got together and it became a sensational story of Cinderella and the prince in A country. Happy Ending.

'...'

This world seemed pretty chill. Without the will to move to the next world or acquire points, he wished to not meet the female lead and male lead if possible. Failing the task should be a sure-fire way.

[Task:

@!@WBEDB!@%*&*!@

Reward:

@!#!(@&(!&^@(!%]

'... What the FUCK?!?'

Confusion appeared clearly in those wide-open clear brown eyes. His teeth clenched hard to not accidentally swear out loud. He could only check who he became in this world to calm himself down. When he looked at the system screen, he felt like swearing again.

He crossed 1000 worlds with different identities each time. The more world he crossed, the more he forgot himself as he had to live the life and personality of those people. He even forgot his name, it was just that he always became a male that he remembered his gender.

This time, his name became Lai Yongliang, a childhood friend of Ren Jian. He went abroad to study for 3 years and only came back to visit his sick grandmother. Lai Yongliang seemed to care a lot about Ren Jian despite Ren Jian's indifferent attitude toward him. The first moment he saw Ren Jian with Sun Xia, Yongliang was nervous that she would be those opportunistic people that used Ren Jian's reputation to wanton around. Yongliang carefully asked Ren Jian around to learn what kind of person she was to remind him to be rational and partial to not be used.

Sun Xia learned that Yongliang seemed to regard her as a gold-digger and she became furious. She thought that such a fat piggie dare to judge her. Oh, yes, this body was chubby because Yongliang had been stress-eating during his school days abroad. But his features had always been docile and cute.

'Ha... She was an honest girl until greed and complacency filled her. People who fat-shamed others are not cute at all.'

Yongliang could only shake his head and continued reading. There were still fifty minutes before the flight landed in A country.

Sun Xia started labeling him as a pervert and always talked about his 'indecent' eyes whenever he got near her to Ren Jian. She became coy and coquettish as if she had suffered a huge humiliation. At least the male lead here still got some brain so he did not immediately believe in Sun Xia because he had known Yongliang for so long.

With her ever-growing confidence and arrogance, she believed that Yongliang was not worthy of a friend like Ren Jian so she staged an accident where a girl would fall into Yongliang's arms and quickly got out to scream curses to accuse him of harassment. Sun Xia led Ren Jian to that scene and he remained quiet. Sun Xia then comforted him, saying that he needed no friends like Yongliang because he deserved better. Ren Jian then distanced himself from Yongliang. Just like that, their long years of friendship got cut.

'It may not seem much for this Ren Jian but this would definitely devastate Yongliang... because it seemed like this body liked Ren Jian and had to run away to another country to hide his feelings. Ha... love is such bullshit.'

'This body was so depressed after the announcement of Sun Xia and Ren Jian's relationship. He hid away from the world.'

Yongliang slumped back into his chair and scratched his dark silky hair. It was not his business anymore, he would not get involved and question her motive like the original Yongliang. He would just take care of his sick grandma and flew back to S country as fast as possible.

It was his wishful thought. The moment he stepped out of the gate, he immediately saw a formidable figure. His face was square-cut and handsome, exuding an air of elegance. His phoenix eyes made him look sharp and strong. All of the handsome words possible that Yongliang could find were applied to this person. This was the male lead, Ren Jian, alright.