1.9 "What Have I Ever Done To You, Sun Xia?"

SMASH.

Sun Xia's temper had been getting worse and worse. Her life was finally going on the track that she wanted, fame, career, and reputation. The only thing missing was a love story. The day she laid her eyes on Ren Jian. She knew that he would be hers.

Even if he had been acting professionally with her, he was a responsible person. That was why he let her enter the company and accompany him to the parties. It was all thanks to the car accident. Thankfully, she had the capability to actually bring back profits to him to keep him from seeing her as an opportunist.

She was confident in making him fall for her. She was one of the few girls that could interact with him casually before that young master appeared. Spending more time would eventually bring affection. However, she had only met him two times this month.

The most infuriating thing was that the one she thought was a small obstacle to her perfect life was her rival in love! What was so good about him? Sure, she could understand if the president swung that way, but why him?!? No wonder he talked shit about her, he wanted to divert Ren Jian's attention away from her!

It did not matter even if he swung that way. She knew Ren Jian's personality. A plan was put in mind to capture Ren Jian into her life was formed.

Yongliang listened from the other side with his earpiece. He snickered.

'She already conspired all this just because she heard me telling him to stay away from her once? What have I ever done to you, Sun Xia, besides that?'

-------------------------------------

It was already night. Ren Jian was still sticky by his side. When he wanted to get water, he would follow him. When he sat down, he pulled him to sit right next to him. Yongliang had long given up resisting all these behavior.

To be honest, if Yongliang said he did not like something, Ren Jian would stop immediately. However, instead of finding it annoying, he found himself liking it so he never stopped Ren Jian.

At this moment, Ren Jian's arm was wrapped around his shoulder to make the back of his head lean onto his chest. It was a very warm moment that made him drowsy. For some reason, he fell asleep very easily whenever he was near Ren Jian.

Hearing the light snore in his arm, Ren Jian looked at him indulgently. He then carried him in his arms and brought him upstairs just like the day when Yongliang had just come back from the airport.

At that time, he already felt that Yongliang was quite different but most familiar to him. It took him more than one month to recognize that it was his love. Ren Jian could only blame himself.

Before, he left after getting Yongliang to bed so this time, he stayed. They were on the bed with the taller figure wrapping the shorter one in a tight embrace. His hand moved to his cheek to caress it and pinch it lightly.

He blamed himself for not recognizing him sooner, even though he acted like the original host. His little habits of him were still there such as his sleep-anywhere-and-everywhere habit or his puffed cheeks when he got irritated.

"Why did you forget about me? You even forgot the name Zhu Bolin. Has your soul become that weak?"

He twirled the black hair falling on the sleeping face. A kiss was placed on the top of his head lightly. He pulled the head closer for him to lean on and closed his eyes. Even though he was happy to make Yongliang fall in love with him again, he was concerned about the reason he lost his memories. He did not want to harm the already weak soul. He needed to move quickly to transfer this world's energy to nourish Yongliang's soul.

Talk about the devil, a phone notification sounded on the nightstand. Ren Jian picked up the phone to check and smirked.

*Sir, Director Zhuo would like to have dinner this Saturday. She wants to invite Ms. Sun over to build a relationship before filming.*

*Schedule an appointment at Clear House restaurant, a private room for a better atmosphere.*Ren Jian replied.

*Yes, sir*

Ren Jian put away the phone and hugged Yongliang to sleep. The night in Lai residence was quiet and tranquil with light breathing in one room. It was a peaceful picture. Calm before the storm.

Yongliang opened his eyes and stared at the handsome face. His eyes traced from Ren Jian's eyes lashes to his lips. He narrowed his eyes and then reached for his phone. It seemed like the female lead resorted to her final move to capture the male lead.

"What would you do now, Ren Jian? Are you breaking the mold?" Yongliang was scared. He could determine his affection for Ren Jian depending on his actions at this appointment of his. The fear of not knowing what would happen continued to swell within him. Yongliang scuttled closer and buried his head into Ren Jian's chest.

-------------------------------------

"You know it's a risky plan right, Xiaxia? If anything happened, I would not be responsible. The Ren family is not to be messed with."

"I know, Jiejie**. After this, I will not ask anything more. I just want to confirm his feelings for me. If nothing happens then nothing happens." Sun Xia reassured her while she was on the phone. A soft smile appeared on her face as she brushed her hair in front of the mirror.

'But I will make sure something will happen.' Glancing at the bottle on her vanity, the soft smile turned wicked.

"Good night, Jiejie."

The closet door was flung open which revealed dozens of dresses. Going through each of them made her hum a happy melody. She was confident after Saturday, her life would be set.

**Jiejie: It's a way they call a girl who is older than themselves, older sister.