4.6 Another Fish Appeared?

"Sorry but the husband I'm looking for is not a player."

Aeson quickly got out of his arms and narrowed his eyes at the man. Alfred Finch in the original plot had the reputation of a player, he only changed after being moved by the female lead.

Even when he arrived, the file he had on Alfred also stated that he had a lot of gossip about hanging around with women. Obviously not want to believe this, but he could not help but be mad. The most infuriating thing was that Aeson saw Alfred's smile freeze! Did he really cheat on him in this life?

Anger, distress, and disappointment flashed through his eyes. He immediately grabbed Liliana's waist and ran away. He could not really leave a clueless girl behind.

There was a faint screaming behind his back but his anger had reached a point that he could not listen. He even took out a scroll to hide his presence when he remembered Alfred was the greatest wizard.

For the poor saint being grabbed like a sack of potatoes again, her face was utterly confused.

'Why involved me in your lover quarrel...'

Soon, they reached the city's exit gate. Aeson put down the dizzy saint and began to look for a carriage for the next town.

His mind relaxed a bit when he was walking around. It was not like he did not want to trust Alfred, but thousands of worlds and the plot hardly deviated before his appearance. So everything his lover did usually followed the plot. And his lover was an identity born into the world, not like him, transmigrating body to body.

He did not remember what happened in the 1000th world that made him want to disperse his soul. Was it what his lover did? Or what he did? He was always anxious about that point. He could tell that he was extremely tired from transversing too much so he wanted to stop. And he only continued to be with his lover, a new constant in his life.

But the feeling of betrayal made him want to stop. So, he halted his search and his eyes became empty. His heart ached and his mind felt lost. This world, he would quit it. If he just finished a few more tasks without destroying the plot, his soul would scatter anyway.

Having that plan in mind, he clutched his chest and began to pull his soul out of his body.

"Baby! Stop!" A powerful force hugged him from behind. The breath was ragged as it brushed Aeson's ears.

The empty eyes moistened and water droplets began to form at the corners of his eyes. When Alfred heard his sniffle and felt his shaking body, he was incredibly panicked and heartbroken.

"Baby... you can't just run away without letting me explain." Alfred turned the little elf's body around and embraced him tightly again. His right hand pressed the blond head to his chest and his left hand soothingly pat the shaking back.

Obviously, they only met a few times, but Alfred could not bear to see any grievances on the little cutie that stole his soul the moment he set his eyes on him. All of his gestures currently were too intimate for acquaintances but he had a feeling that they knew each other forever in his soul.

Most importantly, with the little cutie's great reaction like this, the cutie must have felt the same as him. When he saw the cutie clutching his chest, a bad premonition raised in him, telling him to stop the boy from doing whatever that was. Or he might lose him forever.

"Aeson, I was just shocked about the rumor, I'm a virgin through and through!" He claimed with confidence.

"..." And it made the crying Aeson a little speechless.

"I... If it's about the Duchess of the North, it was because he felt something was peculiar with her power source so I wanted to investigate and keep an eye on her. But my love is you, little cutie!"