4.5 One Of The Fish Is Here

Al placed Aeson down gently on the pavement. A potion was pulled out of nowhere and she poured the cold liquid onto his sprained leg.

He shuddered at the coldness and his eyes carried confusion.

After making sure that his leg healed nicely, Al turned back and chanted something and the whole surrounding that was in flame and chaos became normal again.

She turned back and smiled brightly.

"It's just an illusion, the people are gonna come here soon because of the explosions. I set up a barrier to shield their visions. You probably don't want any trouble right, little cutie?" She calmly explained to the still-dazed Aeson. Thinking he looked cute, she pinched his cheek a few times, leaving red marks on his milky skin.

Aeson snapped out of it with the pain of the pinch. He stood up abruptly and ran in another direction, letting Al chase after him.

"Little cutie, are you being sh-" Before she could say anything more with a gloating face, she saw him crouching down to check on a pretty girl leaning on a wall. A corner of her smirk twitched.

Aeson ignored the black smoke behind him and gently swayed the saint awake. She seemed to faint through exhaustion, not concussion, so she just groaned at his movements.

"Ugh... Are we safe?"

Her eyelids blinked slowly, not clear of the surrounding situation. Her whole appearance was quite pathetic, full of dust and dirt on her hair and face, making her white hair turn ashy. Aeson took out a cloth, preparing to wipe her face, but then a sudden water current appeared out of thin air and washed up the saint's appearance.

Aeson turned his head to look at the wide grin on Al's face as she was walking closer to them. Magic was indeed useful, snap their fingers and they could do all that. Little did Aeson know that only that person could do that.

"Yes, we're in my barrier so no one can find us." Even though Al had a sunny smile on her face, her voice was cold. Aeson shook his head internally.

"Miss, do you know why you were kidnapped?" He asked slowly.

"They said something about the Demon King... I'm a seal or something..."The saint hesitated to speak as she looked warily at the two people in front of her. Then she remembered something and changed her attitude completely."Thank you for saving me! They locked me up for a whole month and kept condemning me for being a saint-"

"A saint?" Al and Aeson gave an inquiring look which made the saint jump. The saint instantly covered her mouth with her hands with a look of horror.

"I think I have heard the saint of the main church was missing." Al stroked her chin as she leaned in closer to look at the quivering saint. Her eyes held no emotion but a wicked grin was on her face, it scared the timid saint.

"My name is Aeson." The quick way to build trust was to introduce themselves.

"Oh! So little cutie's name is Aeson! I thought I would have to call you little cutie all my life." Al whipped her head to look at his profile, there was a dangerous glint in her eyes.

Aeson shuddered a bit. He was confused about her anger but then remembered that he never introduced his name to her... He felt like they already knew each other for a long time so he forgot about it...

Aeson's expressionless face showed a little bit of guilt, it was enough to soften the gaze of the powerful wizard. So, she eased her exuding pressure and turned to the saint again.

"And I'm Al, little saint."

"I-I'm Liliana." Liliana hesitantly said. She was very grateful for their help but it could not be helped that she was afraid of people. In the church, greedy old men would try to exploit her power, and when she escaped, she almost got killed. It was a lesson for her to learn not to trust people so easily. But her momentarily appreciation made her spill her status...