Extra: The World That Lost Color

**Warning: Suicidal thoughts**

The monotonous life continued even after their relationship was established. As the world celebrated the birth of a powerful couple, but all Ren Jian could feel was indifference. Maybe... maybe this indifference was a shield against something that he dared not touch.

"Son, you are getting married tomorrow, why are you still up so late?" Mother Ren pushed the door to his room and saw the desolate back looking at the moon on his balcony.

The man turned back to face her, revealing an exhausted look with his hollow face and heavy eyebags, the handsome face was no longer seen. Mother Ren's heart wrenched at this sight, her son became so pitiful when he should have been the happiest groom.

"I'm fine, mom... I just couldn't sleep." Ren Jian helplessly sighed and dragged himself back into the room.

"Excited for the big day?" Mother Ren tried her best to lighten up the mood. She walked in and sat down at a small table, gesturing for him to sit down with her.

But all he could offer was silence and tiredness flashed through his eyes. He sat down and poured a cup of water for both of them.

"Have you... heard anything about... him?" Her voice was small and low, barely audible. But Ren Jian could hear every single word clearly.

His face grew colder and shook his head lightly.

Once upon a time, a little boy had trouble making friends due to his status as well as his expressionless face. However, he hardly felt lonely as he was surrounded by maids and servants. He thought it was a good life, even without friends, he could still live leisurely albeit the world was grey to him.

Then one day, a boy with the most beautiful pair of eyes that he have ever seen appeared in front of him, showing him the brightest smile that helped him see the world full of color. He was stunned but quickly dismissed it and treated him like any other kid that tried to befriend him with other intentions. Usually, with his firm refusal, they all left, but that boy did not leave but followed him around, chat with him and play with him in high spirit. His heart started to waver and soon enough they grew a bond.

It was only later that he learned that that boy was the same as him, also with aristocratic roots. But different from him, that boy always shone and attracted people near him, making them love him. It was the same for him, he grew to love him. Sadly, he only realized it when it was too late.

After a round of comfort from mother Ren, Ren Jian sent her out of his room and finally sank into his bed. His heart was too stuffy to fall asleep so he just looked at the ceiling in silence.

Ding!

Until a notification sound from his phone interrupted the quiet atmosphere. Ren Jian reached his hand to the bedside and grabbed his phone without much thought, only when he saw the sender did he jump up.

It was the private investigator he hired to track down the disappearance of Lai Yongliang. His missing case was a huge sensation in the country as he was the only son of a prestigious family. And ever since he learned that Lai Yongliang was missing, he could not eat or sleep without the urge of his parents. Even Sun Xia could not convince him to do anything. All he ever did was bury his head into work to distract himself.

**I'm sorry, sir. Young master Lai, unfortunately...**

Before he could read the rest of the sentence, his breath hitched and the time seemed to stop moving. His chest was swirling and twisting, causing him immense pain that made him hyperventilate. His condition had been unstable ever since he witnessed the scene of a girl in Lai Yongliang's arms like in the rumors. He had to be prescribed medicine to calm down. However, he was in no mood to find it right now.